Mad New 100 series Cruiser

4Beast

Observer
After many many years of loyal service in several countries and through many adventures I've decided the time has come to retire my beloved Straight Handle Busse Battle Mistress. It cost a pretty penny when I bought it new but its become quite collectible and ive been offered over twice what I paid for it even in its well used condition. Not really concerned with collectability but I've grown pretty attached to it and would hate to lose it. I have other Busse knives and customs from various makers but I wanted an easily replaceable stout chopper. Enter the Condor Pack Golok. In the process of cleaning it up abit and getting the edge up to my standards. We shall see how it holds up.
View attachment 413376

View attachment 413377

I just got one of those Golaks, and I liked it, so I got another for my buddy's birthday. Good for cutting, chopping, killing Nazis, or whatever. What oil are you using on it?

Madbodhi

Observer
waxknives.jpg

break-free-lp-5-lubricant-preservative-7.jpg

Cleaned and buffed with Renaissance wax before storing after every trip. I've been out in the wilds 2-3 weeks at a time and I may wipe them down occasionally with Break Free LP-5 since its my absolute favorite gun oil and what I'll have on hand but I don't think I need to. The wax does a very good job of protecting the blades. Just ensuring the blade is clean and dry before sheathing (doubly so if its a leather sheath) will go a long way.

4Beast

Observer
View attachment 416083

View attachment 416091

Cleaned and buffed with Renaissance wax before storing after every trip. I've been out in the wilds 2-3 weeks at a time and I may wipe them down occasionally with Break Free LP-5 since its my absolute favorite gun oil and what I'll have on hand but I don't think I need to. The wax does a very good job of protecting the blades. Just ensuring the blade is clean and dry before sheathing (doubly so if its a leather sheath) will go a long way.

Renaissance furniture wax? Or is there another? Since I may use the knife for food prep I'll probably be cautious about what I put on it, to make sure I'm not ingesting a ton of toxic chemicals...

Madbodhi

Observer
Got a 4x4Labs rear bumper kit
Removed rear bumper and spare tire holder,cut frame rails and removed resonator

Mock up

Beefy

Madbodhi

Observer
Starting on 1" body lift. Looking for just abit of extra clearance.

The kit includes hardware,brackets to lower radiator and a steering column spacer. I'm sourcing my own hardware though since the included hardware is grade 5 standard hardware and I'm going with grade 10.9 1.25 thread.

Fun Fun

Mtkid

Starting on 1" body lift. Looking for just abit of extra clearance.

The kit includes hardware,brackets to lower radiator and a steering column spacer. I'm sourcing my own hardware though since the included hardware is grade 5 standard hardware and I'm going with grade 10.9 1.25 thread.

Fun Fun

You are probably well aware, but don't forget to disconnect the two extraneous bolts behind the second row. I didn't know they were there and struggled with lifting the body at the back. Otherwise (y)

Madbodhi

Observer
Yup. Did my research on Mud for the body lift. I know alot of people simply removed them and plugged the holes with no apparent issue but I plan on cutting and extending the studs.

Madbodhi

Observer
x_Fnaa_Oaa2_YId_Rv_IYZ79g_UIPu_Bwu_BECx_KB82l_VL9590op_X92_IB.jpg

Smoked a wheel bearing. Completely seized on the spindle.
r9_SNLK38t6t_Eku0v_WNUx_Dbh_IAB7g0_Yi6_Kh_Yd_XLrabsop_X92_IB.jpg

Didn't want to risk nicking the spindle by the cutoff wheel/cold chisel method. Had to clean up the spindle with abit of 1000 grit.

Madbodhi

Observer
Finally getting the body lift done.
VUej_Sv_Mh_P5_xu_TK_yizj_Vwx_HJFg_Vl7_Smb_BQFCQMasvop_X92_IB.jpg

Old and new lower radiator brackets
x_SQc7z0_FHty_OAZ4_Fe-6ol0e0_SS8_R7_O2_M9-m_Lb_Du_Jr_WMp_X92_IB.jpg

You remove and reuse factory lower radiator bushing
At_V7v_X5_bl_MG8eo8h_OEBmo_Lw19_Fo_Ro_P0_WZkb_SDvf_ZBYp_X92_IB.jpg

Upper radiator drop bracket
X-_EUo_FGuvyh_USLIAYX0y3lp_RA5_Sez_VQNHpp_R44_VZcd8p_X92_IB.jpg

Upper bracket was too close for comfort to my Group 31 so I used a cutoff wheel to cut the excess length.

Madbodhi

Observer
Body lift apparently put additional strain on the heater tee's that were already suspect. Luckily I have steel replacements from 4Seasons on hand.
Cay_Ry_Te_Oug9obn_Ia_E2_So_EVd_Yce_Mwd_YRn_Iip3n_H5_Q_gp_X92_IB.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer
Decided to try Gates PowerGrip clamps. Putting them to the test as the 4seasons T is abit loose of a fit with the old hoses and the hoses were deeply embossed by the old clamps. Thus far they work perfectly with nary a sign of leaking. These clamps are apparently very well regarded in heavy trucks. I have all new hoses coming and will be using these clamp.
DY5-GlIp167WTqud5_ENGFkGyQ44dr7CNeXzT3vWydkpX92IB.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne