Mad New 100 series Cruiser

Madbodhi

Observer
Got my pouches sorted. Trauma kit and Tire kit in quick release pouches on the top driver side. 2 top quick release pouches on the passenger side are being set up as survival/possibles bags that can be thrown on a belt or over the shoulder when hiking away from the truck. A larger but thinner pouch on the bottom conserves leg room and is for the kids to put whatever they want.f-swdBBTjYzn-COP9PbhJC83PfUOy2p_Owj7KyueNeIpX92IB.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Pulled my bumper to install the Come Up winch. No go. The Seal Series winches can only be clocked in 90 degree increments. Straight up would be right through the grill.Only choice is straight forward
JBTkf5c9kQGLsgatVrODVlTXekBIvtKWnK62fpUeTH0pX92IB.jpg
View of the cut out from the front
Od_HICRcqgihpg1WEKzYR94JM2J5smXvvxrpc4TiovspX92IB.jpg
Chunk of 3/4 that's going to be welded in to reinforce. I went to weld it and of course I'm out of gas and its the weekend so I'll have to wait till Monday to burn it in.
r383KboDJrP9pTxSEhI-Buxji9UvuiKUdL5ZvACFekUpX92IB.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
FIqSsdyXCbJKeZgnYlJeDwyWMQdad2IBM1qnP0enkIcpX92IB.jpg
Started to fab up some recovery points out of 3/4 steel because I wanted the style made by Roadsafe and no one I found in the U.S. makes them and I couldn't find a vendor that would ship from Australia. But then I came across Marks4WD who would ship and had a good price to boot. Guess my home fab recovery points will find a home on one of my Power Wagons.

O9INohtbKYicdLXMIULGRplEZ77gl7ZDFrSJi4NmzDopX92IB.jpg
So Pretty

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
FlqnaSEQKUCHbks1PJTFxvuGiou3poF47ScrnOCbmKwpX92IB.jpg
Winch and Hella 4000's mounted up. Slee bumper light surround inbound
lhvOQX6WzY7Jvqd1KlmenjfiCjs-bLVqatH-5rYi-3UpX92IB.jpg
Welding up a platform for all the electrical
tl8NYaasW0M3dmf2UF2DCK244x1uI0LyIV0bCEeHg6wpX92IB.jpg
Platform mounted , I put an access hole for the A/C line (green cap).Going to add another brace to the body and cover the edges with U channel rubber seal.
Cx0SVLjDKEY6Q2s4vSj7Dkn5HoGsRzsuL9uwLPnvfKMpX92IB.jpg
Messing about with different placements

Last edited:

v_man

Explorer
nice work and nice build . I had a similar idea as yours above ^^^ regarding making a platform for my aux. fusebox and breaker. Quick question: there is some wiring and components below your platform, even a few fuses I believe, how do you plan to access that stuff if you have that platform there? thanks ...

Madbodhi

Observer
qV-CrDUS1MVPfrXZ12VFNy0rqFz0_CCap6aprKf2rbYpX92IB.jpg
Got my Michigan ORV tags in preparation for a week of bombing around the Keweenaw Peninsula and Drummond Island in July.
ysa5kkZZBimQhMBhQPhQyF3AY-fvHrG6SGqfrNnckJwpX92IB.jpg
uxshtr7yzarKCMGBvHz0givKXBLE6Ed-WytbhX9TVqwpX92IB.jpg
Neat little addition to my tire kit. Solid brass and American made from Robinair.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
nice work and nice build . I had a similar idea as yours above ^^^ regarding making a platform for my aux. fusebox and breaker. Quick question: there is some wiring and components below your platform, even a few fuses I believe, how do you plan to access that stuff if you have that platform there? thanks ...

Only thing below the plate is the evap canister and misc. hoses and cables. Other than the A/C port there is nothing that would require regular access. If I need to remove the platform its just a matter of 4 bolts and unplugging wires. Other than a platform I don't see a good way to add all the stuff I'm adding. I could spread the stuff out in every spare inch of fender and firewall (not sure there's even that much real estate open) but I prefer everything all together.

Madbodhi

Observer
SumG6ZKUhX-g4Dz4O0TFmlxUdpvOroLSuavEdYnHDDkpX92IB.jpg
Dropped the wiring platform when installing it and smashed a wire on the vacuum switch valve. Abit of a pain because I didn't drive it for afew days and was doing a lot of other things so I didn't know what was wrong.CEL,VSC trac,VSC off lights on and my Torque app showed P0101 & P0102 codes.MAF sensor fault codes which threw me because I'd removed the engine cover and initially thought i'd knocked something loose on the engine. Didn't actually cut the wire, just got through the insulation and grounded it out blowing a fuse. Repaired the wire and replaced the Idle up fuse behind the kick panel and were back to perfection.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
wRUUCUyrV_jAiDLcJKFx1jT2vVD3-IJr3-GTcMTa1zMpX92IB.jpg
Slee ARB bumper light inserts installed along with Amber Rigid lights and ARB L.E.D. marker/turn signals .
Bent up a copper bar to be able to use military terminals with the stock battery mounted fuse.Have a table full of Ancor wire and connectors and custom made to order cables from Bestboatwire.com . Just need to find the time to install everything. Lots of overtime and winter cleanup so i'm basically doing things whenever I can squeeze in the time.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Progress has been painfully slow this summer but we've managed afew weekend dispersed camping trips to Nicolet National Forest. Put my winch to work taking down a Black Walnut tree. Apparently they put out a toxin from their roots which kills a lot of plants...including the blueberries ive been trying to get started the last few years. (Father-in-law said I couldn't grow them since he's never had luck. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED Funny how he used to own a fruit and vegetable orchard and yet never mentioned the Black Walnut issue.)
ioKkBs6NIZX5UTFC5pjXwxJTbNpCsr9YplqgXm9U4NUpX92IB.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
One little addition. An Outerwear pre-filter for the snorkel. Living near a world renowned bird habitat has many perks but one of the downfalls (besides cardinals eating my cherries) is that apparently Wrens will try and build a nest in your snorkel...even though they wont physically fit because of the grate and the Cruiser is a daily driver. A very fine mesh that attaches with Velcro strips as well as the snorkel grill holding it down.

8xKkIOE0pUNauZrZSRdiK0YM9WDoUCWoNMbPoXbsnTopX92IB.jpg

Madbodhi

Observer
cUGOxWgzY86d_l-w0A1zKLarikAOIRR16W7zooLKkNwpX92IB.jpg
Adding switch panel to overhead sunglasses holder
iwNO6sNKy-0Y5ZUJoMZ-TWpEPKVl-4fHI7BTsHtT7OMpX92IB.jpg
Sunglass holder cover was set at a slight angle to make the switches easier to see. Waiting on one more because I received one that didn't have the text I ordered but OTRATTW was lightning fast in its response to my late night emailed inquiry and shipped a replacement the next day.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
yO-JtGatq89EnR7fv_aLX1fJYMl3bK6fkHbwp24xO5ApX92IB.jpg
This bad boy was just delivered...well it has been delivered 3 times actually. First 2 were delivered with absolutely destroyed pump mounted wiring connectors. Seems the 3rd times the charm. I recently installed the Slee primary battery tray and have had the secondary battery tray in the garage collecting dust for several weeks. Slowly things come together.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online