New Sprinter 4x4

tsalani

Observer
Hey everyone.

I am not new to the forum but I do not post often. I just sold one of my Jeeps and replaced it with a new 2016 Sprinter 4x4 LR. My current overland vehicle is a new Jeep Rubicon. It is pretty modified for traveling over rough terrain. The seats are removed and I made a permanent bed and storage platform in the rear. Space is a little limited and I wanted something bigger. Also looking to possibly travel/live-in my rig full-time. I really like the specs and look of the Sprinter and I have read a ton about them. I will try to convert it pretty quickly but at the same time I travel a lot during summer so I will do it in stages.

I love to explore both sides of the Sierra Nevadas. Always looking to check out forest roads, 4x4 trails, and get to places off the beaten path. I imagine Ill have to find some new stuff to tackle since the rig is quiet a bit bigger than my Jeep. Also not sure how capable yet. I need to figure out how big of a tire I can go on the stock rims. Always down to meet new people.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

-Tsalani

IMG_3821.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
I assume you had to order the 4x4 Sprinter. How long did you wait between order and delivery? Thanks.

Err

Observer
Welcome to the club! You're gonna love it! We picked ours up last April and worked hard on it until about June and then just spent as much time as we could using it. Even with a basic setup they are a lot of fun. Enjoy the build!

adam88

Explorer
I wish I could order a sprinter but its just not meant for tall people. Putting the bed length ways (north to south) kills the whole deal and takes up all the space. If you can fit a mini bed east/west (if you're like 5'8 or shorter) then it would sure be nice.

Randall Dee

Huge Member
I wish I could order a sprinter but its just not meant for tall people. Putting the bed length ways (north to south) kills the whole deal and takes up all the space. If you can fit a mini bed east/west (if you're like 5'8 or shorter) then it would sure be nice.

You could always go the slide out route.

http://www.flarespace.com/#/home

fsg8.jpg

Oasis_deluxe.jpg

tsalani

Observer
I assume you had to order the 4x4 Sprinter. How long did you wait between order and delivery? Thanks.

I didn't wait at all actually. I was pretty lucky from what I am told. My local dealer had what I wanted. I didn't want all the bells and whistles. I wanted a stock 4x4 with high/low range, cruise control, side windows, rear door windows. There were some options here and there I thought about maybe adding like rear backup camera but when two dealers told me next Feb earliest that kinda put me off. I can add a backup camera and I normally use my iPad for gps. I even wanted the blue grey color as it matches my anvil colored jeep pretty closely.

Err

Observer
@tsalani - That's pretty awesome that you were able to snag one off the lot. Seems like they're starting to be more available. I ordered mine about 6 months before the first ones shipped in '15. It was a looooong wait.

@adam88 - Interesting view point. Not saying your wrong but seems to me the Sprinters sort of excel at accommodating tall folks. We have a queen sized bed, carry 4 MTB's, moto gear (motos hang on the hitch), surfboards, and have a small kitchen all inside a the shorty (144) tall roof version. With a huge roof top box and fuel carry system on the roof, I struggle to find things I can't take, heh :D Oh and we do not have the extended sides, the bed fits from the back doors to just about the rear edge of the sliding doors. With the front seats on swivels that gives us a separate seating area for chilling, there's even room for a large dog bed for our Dutch Shepard who is usually along.

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator

This I don't get. We have a 6' long north/south bed in our ASTRO van, and it's like half the internal length of a sprinter. Heck, I've even got a fridge cabinet forward of the bed. In the length of a sprinter, I could fit anything I wanted...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior