2 DR650's setup for overland travel. Jesse bags, safari tank, sargent seat Phoenix AZ

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
SOLD.

Suitable to fly in and ride to where ever your heart desires.

The history

These 2 bikes were bought new in Alaska and promptly kitted out for overland travel. The original owners (a husband-wife team) rode them from Alaska down through to Mexico before deciding to consolidate onto a single bike for the rest of the Americas. I know these guys personally and will pass on contact info to genuine prospective buyers.

They were then bought by another couple of my friends (Australian couple) who stored them at my place and used them for multiple trips to Baja and around the south west. Before the last trip they decided soft bags sucked so they convinced Al Jesse to fit his panniers to them. (the only set of factory fitted DR650 Jesse luggage in the world)

Both bikes have:
  • Jesse luggage
  • Safari tank 30 liters
  • Sargent seats
  • Tool holders.
  • Extra LED forward lighting on the bar protectors
  • Hand guards (Bark Buster Storm)
  • Multiple power outlets.
  • Oxford Heated grips fitted (not sure if/how it works)
  • Bashplates GP Custom
  • Highway peg ex happy trails
  • Keitech Fork Intiminators
  • Inline water separating fuel filters
  • Tap point to get fuel from tank for stove

The White bike has been lowered (suspension link and shorter front springs I believe).
Yellow bike has an uprated shock and has had extensive work done under warranty including new cases to rectify a counter shaft bearing issue.
Both bikes have various scrapes and scratches as commensurate with the age and use.
No know major defects and they both start and run fine even after months of storage.

2012 model 12/2011 manufacture date is the yellow one. 26K miles
2011 model 03/2011 manufacture date is the white (lowered) one. 25K miles

Looking for $5250 ea or $10,000 for the pair. All offers will be considered. Remember there is about $1400 worth of luggage on these if you could actually buy it.

Click on photos for more detail.

IMG_1935.jpg

PC302981.jpg

P5061373.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

Last edited:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Bump still taking up garage space at my place.

I might be willing to split the Jesse luggage off and sell separately if someone just wants the bikes.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Still have these. Mexico riding season coming soon. If you want them delivered to Expo East we may be able to sort something out.

GPBill

Hi, Do you still have these? I might be interested in one set of the Jesse's if you'd sell them. No packing or shipping would be necessary, I have a friend in the Phnx area now. Bill 402-430-4952

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles