• A Big Bend Tale

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • 6 Days in South Western BC

Votes: 92 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

texascrane

Adventurer
Cooper tires are HORRENDOUS, got to say it. The Portal is getting a lot of Newbie wheelers in trouble. Even had someone with 6(yes they brought two spares) BRAND NEW last summer and they were all gone after 2 Days on Sierras trails, thrown away at the end of 10 days! And I have seen this numerous times. Not sure what the sponsorship is all about, but these are not tires to take off-road.

Your experience is quite different from mine, and that of many others around here.

smittycrusher

Adventurer
Cooper tires are HORRENDOUS, got to say it. The Portal is getting a lot of Newbie wheelers in trouble. Even had someone with 6(yes they brought two spares) BRAND NEW last summer and they were all gone after 2 Days on Sierras trails, thrown away at the end of 10 days! And I have seen this numerous times. Not sure what the sponsorship is all about, but these are not tires to take off-road.

I wonder if he got a bad batch or something. I know that the original STT had a great reputation in the Land Cruiser world. They only complaint that I heard was they wore a little faster than some of the other tires in their class. I think the rubber compound was a tad softer which gave great results on the trail for a little longevity sacrifice, but I never heard anything as bad as your guy's experience.

Smitty

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've been running Coopers for years and never had a trail failure or complaint.
Never had the STT-Pro though.
STT, S/T, and ST-Maxx have all been great.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Seeing how i currently have michelin ltx m/s tires which came with my truck ill happily take the risk with these coopers.

Snewseries

What about this site?

"VAPULSEMEDIA"

Seems they are offering better price and service than the above service provider.

Please have a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles