The Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail

TboWi

Im from Wi(Eau Claire) & Im just finding out about this ... We are starting to talk about it & plan... Sounds exciting...

bigskypylot

Explorer
Cool trip! I'm still kind of amused they went with the acronym TWAT. :sombrero:

Chad, is calling it the Trans Wisconsin Trail now lol. I still like the original name lol. Ran it this past summer. Hoping to do part of the TAT and TSDAT and Lewis & Clark trail later this year

TboWi

The official webpage for this trip doesnt seem to have the GPS download anymore... Anyone know where to get it??

bigskypylot

Explorer
The official webpage for this trip doesnt seem to have the GPS download anymore... Anyone know where to get it??

I'll let Chad know and he can get it to you. I have the 2015 Overland gpx file as well. Not sure if he's updated it since. He's easily reached on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail Facebook page.

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Hey Dude, looks awesome! Sounds like it's a really fun trip! I've been considering this trip for a while, but I run a full-size (Crew Cab F-150). Do you see any reason I would have trouble? The sides of my truck are already all beat up form narrow trails, so I'm not stranger, but I'm curious if there are any points that would be impassable due to size restrictions.

Thanks!

macexpress

Observer
You'll be fine. I ran this trail in July from highway 8 north to Lake Superior. From everything I've read the trail is the narrowest on the north sections and I had no problems. I did have to back track a couple times because of roads washed out but it was pretty easy to find a way around and get back on track.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170927-222706.jpg
    Screenshot_20170927-222706.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20170927-222626.jpg
    Screenshot_20170927-222626.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 31

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Awesome! That's super exciting! I'm hoping to get this trip in this year, but I have the sneaking suspicion it's going to end up being a spring trip. Is there a preferred time of year?

Silver dude

Xplorer
Yeah the trail was generally pretty wide with only one road being sort of brushy but passable. I've heard a Ford Raptor club frequents this trail so you should have no issues. Early fall or late spring is good you want to avoid the bugs if you can. If kayaking generally spring being the better time due to water levels. Likely have great colors right now. I'm very much considering running it again soon. i apologize about the photos I'm working on rehosting to get them back up just is very time consuming.

8tgDSn7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles