Frontrunner drop down tailgate table

Captain Texas

Adventurer
:(

Well I've got some good and bad news regarding my installation today.

Good news is that it is installed and looks great. Few things that are bad.

First of all I DO NOT like to drill into my rig but with this table there isn't really a way around it. Drilled my first two hole just to find that the left hole I drilled was right on top of part of the bulkhead and there was no way I could drill through it.

Decided to relocate the holes and drilled again. A lot smoother and was able to get the tailgate installed. Had to mount it up higher so that I could get the tailgate to close and theeeeeeeeeeeeeen the cutting board was up against the subwoofer. :(

Decided to sand it down because I thought I could form it to the shape of the sub so it would close. Got close and decided to pull out the cutting board for inspection..... the tailgate wouldn't let me slide out the cutting board because part of the JK tailgate that jets out was blocking it.

Removed the table and removed the cutting board. Works pretty well now but I am p***** because I don't have a cutting board now and that was the reason why I bought the table.

Here are some pics. I'm sure ill figure out a way to get that damn cutting board back on.

akpostal

Adventurer
:(
the tailgate wouldn't let me slide out the cutting board because part of the JK tailgate that jets out was blocking it.

Kinda false advertising seeing how they show this on there website.

attachment.php

drop-down-table-by-front-runner-TBRA021-12.jpg

If it was mounted lower would the cutting board work?

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Kinda false advertising seeing how they show this on there website.

attachment.php

drop-down-table-by-front-runner-TBRA021-12.jpg

If it was mounted lower would the cutting board work?

Yes if it was mounted lower the board would work. The problem I have is that if I lower the table using the top hole on the table then the tailgate won't close.

Eberin

NOOOOOOO , ahh, thats unfortunate man....glad you got things figured out though! any rattling? seem secure? just curious to compare it with the trailgater but $126 vs. $329. i think the answer is clear.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
NOOOOOOO , ahh, thats unfortunate man....glad you got things figured out though! any rattling? seem secure? just curious to compare it with the trailgater but $126 vs. $329. i think the answer is clear.

I would have gone for the trailgater hands down but there is that problem. 126 vs 329. Seems pretty secure, I have yet to drive with it so lord knows if I have any other issues.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Well good news I got to drive it to the gym and I can report NO RATTLES. Thank Jesus, if it was rattling I would have probably gone total Jeremy Clarkson and destroyed it with a hammer. :sombrero:

Captain Texas

Adventurer
OK so I am going to try again and re install the table so that it is not cutting into my sub and that I can use the cutting board.

Has anyone gotten it installed? I seem to keep running into the problem of bulkheads.... :(

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Alright I've had enough.

I hate this thing, I seriously cannot see a way to install this damn thing without running into problem after problem.

I will be returning this to get it out of my life. I hate this thing.

Should have just bought a trailgater.

hoser

Explorer
Can you clarify why you are having mounting issues? If you mounted it in the exact position as shown on the white jeep, what would be the problem? I can see they have only used 3 mounting screws, (2) on the right and (1) on the left. Can't you just drill that 4th hole into any part of the backplate that is suitable for the tailgate?

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Can you clarify why you are having mounting issues? If you mounted it in the exact position as shown on the white jeep, what would be the problem? I can see they have only used 3 mounting screws, (2) on the right and (1) on the left. Can't you just drill that 4th hole into any part of the backplate that is suitable for the tailgate?

Parts of the JK tailgate are reinforced by thicker pieces of steel behind the visible sheet metal. I have already learned that I can't drill through that reinforcement from the first time I tried to install the table. I lined up the table to how it is exactly in the picture from FrontRunner and 3 out of the 4 spots have that reinforcement behind them.

hoser

Explorer
But you can drill through the thicker pieces. Start with a small metal bit and work your way up in size. I would think drilling into the thicker sections to be ideal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke