Frontrunner drop down tailgate table

fiddypal

Adventurer
But you can drill through the thicker pieces. Start with a small metal bit and work your way up in size. I would think drilling into the thicker sections to be ideal?

Same here, why would you want to drill into the thin parts for the attachment points? They can't be using anything too crazy for the reinforcement material that some high speed steel bits cant eat through. Like poster above said take your time with a small drill bit, then work your way up in size until close to the diameter of the screw. Not sure what type of screws the kit came with but you may want to replace with some self-tapping sheet metal screws since going into metal if that's not what they provide already.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Installed. Not happy with Frontrunner. One, the hardware is third-world. Two, a template boys, would go a long way. I ****canned their hardware and installed six riv-nuts instead. A better solution in my opinion. Other than the lack of human engineering from the customer Service perspective, Frontrunner has a good product for the price.

Front Table 2.jpgFront Table 1.jpg

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Well, I just ordered one of these and I'm going to give it a shot.
I'm not sure how often I'll use it, so I just could not get my head around the trailgator (nicer) version for over $300.

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Mine arrived.
The metal parts seem pretty good, solid and nicely finished.
The wood looks and feels like a piece of scrap wood.
A little elbow grease and sandpaper should sort that out.
The mounting hardware looks like kinda chintzy drywall anchors, so I'll do some research on riv-nuts before I install it in the spring.....no garage and too much snow now.
Overall, the quality seems to be good for the price vs. something like smityybilt or other cheap jeep parts people.

So far I'm satisfied, but I have not installed it yet!

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Marson Klick Thread-Sert kit

Mine arrived.
The metal parts seem pretty good, solid and nicely finished.
The wood looks and feels like a piece of scrap wood.
A little elbow grease and sandpaper should sort that out.
The mounting hardware looks like kinda chintzy drywall anchors, so I'll do some research on riv-nuts before I install it in the spring.....no garage and too much snow now.
Overall, the quality seems to be good for the price vs. something like smityybilt or other cheap jeep parts people.

So far I'm satisfied, but I have installed it yet!

FWIW: I use a Marson Klik Thread-Sert kit
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/afs-39314

Works great up to about 1/4". 1/4" thread serts take some hand strength, but definitely do-able. My neighbor and I have used this kit so much we've worn out a few of the mandrels.
Fastenal and eBay are great places to re-supply.
Hth,

Look forward to seeing how your install and overall likes/dislikes are. :beer:

Happykamper

Explorer
Hmmmm I watched this thread for sometime now, about half way through I made up my mind just to bite the bullet and spend the extra and got the tailgater ! Installation was a snap no cheesy cheap parts as seen by some very frustrated consumers . It's 325.99 now . The cutting board is an actual cutting board as in the pic. No rattles no needing to buy different parts to install. Looks 100% better then front runner . I guess most of all its quality and zero frustrations !!!
Looks like no one is happy with there frontrunner, so why bother. Just save a little longer and have something you will be happy with!

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Hows everyone liking there table?

I'm probably going to ****can mine. I don't like the "hold" system for it. It's either so tight that you need a tool to pop it open or so loose that it pops open on it's own. There are better engineered tailgate tables out there. Get one of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles