PROJECT PAYLOAD, 2007 Harley Edition F250

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Another 4000 mile trip from Florida to Wisconsin to Dallas TX. south Texas and back to Florida

In Wisconsin, it was cold

but then we drove across the country and decided to go to the southern most tip of Texas. This is where the Rio Grande meets the Gulf of Mexico. That is Mexico on the other side.

It was alot warmer in south Texas.
kids loved it

overlooking SPI from the main land

Last edited:

colintrax

Nice truck, but it's a shame someone hit it. Can't imagine what the other vehicle looked like after that.
Did you happen to weigh those wheels?
And if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work?

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Colintrax

The wheels and tire combo weigh a metric ton. haha

I can barely lift the spare unto the bed of the truck. luckily if I air it down I can carry it in the spare tire area underneath the truck which it is for now until I get a swing out bumper for the rear.

The combo is pretty heavy and last year I prematurely replaced calipers, brakes, and flushed the old brake fluid out. I will be the first to admit that I think the wheel and tire combo is to heavy. But the wheels are rated at 3500 lbs each are true bead locks and the tires are E rated mud terrains . It really is the best combo for a heavy truck like mine.

As for my job.

Most people would call what I do "A Fixer". Sorry for the vague response but its the best I can do in an open forum.

colintrax

Thanks, I figured they'd be heavy but I had hope lol they look good, and are a true beadlock. But if you say they're heavy, no way I'm mounting them on my V6 explorer.
And that's cool, I figured you can't say.

So when's the swing out happening? And whatcha gonna do with all that free space where the spare is sitting now?

SFROMAN

Adventurer
The main purpose for the rear bumper is not to carry the tire. it is more for protection. the biggest challenge will be to get a bumper that also incorporates the trailer hitch. This will be a challenge since I still need the truck to function as 3/4 ton truck to haul equipment, or my other toys. I am not aware that such a bumper exists so this might be a custom job. So it does fall lower on the priority list for now.

The next big modification will be to install the Titan tank that has been sitting in my garage for the last 2 years. This will give me around 700 miles on the truck's tank. Plus another 200 or so miles with the cans I carry in the bed or on the AT trailer.

Ideally I would like to use the spare tire area in the rear for a water tank. Again not thoroughly planned out yet but it would put the weight of all that water lower to the ground. Unfortunately the location is behind the rear axle so not sure it is the best place to put all that weight. Not to mention that I am sure the custom bumper wont be light even if it is made out of aluminum.

I would love to hear what other people have used that area for.

Del

SFROMAN

Adventurer
The truck has the 6.0. I bought it at the end of 2006 so it is a 2007. This was the last year for that motor and the last year for the body style. I have had zero issues with it on over 7 cross country trips.

I will at some point bulletproof it but again, not really a concern or a priority until i get some more miles on the truck. It currently has a little over 100k miles so i hope to get another 10 years of trouble free use out of it until I bulletproof it

SFROMAN

Adventurer
installed some lights on the bumper. They are the 7 inch lights from Oreillys. I will eventually change them out for better quality but I needed so extra lighting and did not have time to order a good quality set. They work ok but these will go on another project and I will put on better lights at a different time.

Her is the truck next to my old 69 FJ40

And after I take it out of storage I like to give the old girl a nice bath and wax job. I usually replace the batteries while im at it since they have been the single point of failure on the truck on numerous occasions. This is due to the truck sitting for very long periods of time with out use.

benzfanatical

Colintrax

The wheels and tire combo weigh a metric ton. haha

I can barely lift the spare unto the bed of the truck. luckily if I air it down I can carry it in the spare tire area underneath the truck which it is for now until I get a swing out bumper for the rear.

The combo is pretty heavy and last year I prematurely replaced calipers, brakes, and flushed the old brake fluid out. I will be the first to admit that I think the wheel and tire combo is to heavy. But the wheels are rated at 3500 lbs each are true bead locks and the tires are E rated mud terrains . It really is the best combo for a heavy truck like mine.

As for my job.

Most people would call what I do "A Fixer". Sorry for the vague response but its the best I can do in an open forum.

Very nice truck!

I modded a Body Armor FD-2961 with a Toyota Tundra tire carrier from the same company for my F250. It folds nicely out of the way for access to the bed... And it's tall enough you can still pull a trailer.

Keep up the good pics!

6ceebf9d0130da594e5a25ad8719c182.jpg

44f9706c395d66fb1c1790aa31c5f4f0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SFROMAN

Adventurer
I will more likely be going with an aluminess rear bumper with double swing out for my spare and with a sealed box

KSL22

Adventurer
I will more likely be going with an aluminess rear bumper with double swing out for my spare and with a sealed box

My brother in law just had them build a roof rack for his Transit tall roof. He said they were great to work with and were happy to change a few things to make it how he wanted it. Are you coming out to California for it or having it shipped?

Nice truck. I like where you are going with it. I am a big fan of Ford trucks other than that motor. Stay safe on the job and keep your head straight.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
I would like for my next California trip to be a rubicon run. So the only duties the truck will be pulling will be Towing duties. So more likely If and when I order the bumper, I will have it shipped to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke