PROJECT PAYLOAD, 2007 Harley Edition F250

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Due to being in the process of closing shop in Florida and getting ready to move back to North Carolina not much has been done with the truck.

I took another 3000 mile cross country trip with the family but I mostly stayed in the city.

I learned real quick that my truck is not designed for big cities like Chicago. It just doesn't fit.

The truck did performed flawlessly and I treated with replacing all fluids and filters.

corbinwelter

Observer
im loving your build! Actually saw it on ih8mud a few years back when i owned a FJ40 that is long gone now. I just picked up a 2006 F250, same color as yours and looking to go with the Icon or Carli 4.5 lift. This is not my first 6.0 so im currently in the process of bulletproofing it. Have you had to do anything to the motor yet? Im sitting at 110k, it hasnt given me any problems but im trying to reduce the possibilities because i also like to explore solo with my wife and 3 kids. Im military and know what you mean about those Hutchinson beadlocks, they are on every Land Cruiser down range and are ************ but currently out of my budget. Looking forward to see some more pictures of your truck and your adventures!

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Corbin

I have not had any issues with the 6.0 to date. I just rolled 130k miles. The only maintenance issues I have ever had with the truck have been bad alternators and dead batteries due to my truck sitting for long periods of time while I'm overseas.

My truck has had a constant leak of oil since the day I bought it with like 50 miles on it. It is noticeable near the transmission. Not enough to drip but enough that it has always bothered me but not enough to do anything about it. Ford never warrantied it.

Having said that, full bulletproof and upgrades are in the works for this year.

I would post way more pictures here but this site is not the greatest. Ih8mud is way more user friendly so I post more over there. I sold my 40 a few years back but now I have my Lexus LX450 which is more comfortable but not as cool.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
IMG_1664.jpg

Ordered a new drain plug for my mag hytec pan due to mechanic breaking the old one. Ordered front dif cover while I was at it. Ads 3 additional quarts.

Last edited:

SFROMAN

Adventurer
IMG_1653.jpg

I had to JB weld a nut to the tranny drain plug in order to remove it. A ford mechanic broke the Allen wrench in it. I had not noticed it until I went to Drain the oil on the tranny. The tranny mag hytec pan holds 13 extra quarts over stock. This allows the tranny to stay nice and cool. I replaced the stock pan shortly after I first bought the truck almost ten years ago.

benzfanatical

View attachment 390067

Replaced steering stabilizer with a bikstein version. Nice simple cheap upgrade from stock

My bilstien stabilizers and Rancho hardware kit rubbed the track bar at high degrees of articulation. I just switched to a BDS kit with Fox tubes a few weeks ago. Any issues with your setup?

I know I've said it before... but keep posting! Love your thread!
d272ef63d80319ddb4d0d7f700c8149c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SFROMAN

Adventurer
I will have to keep my eye on it. I just installed it about a week ago. I just needed to replace the stock one and found great reviews for this one. So I bought it figuring it would not break the bank and I had it the next day. Just doing preventive maintenance on the truck and the steering was def on the loose side. This quick and simple upgrade seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the compliments.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Deleted due to photo attachment issues

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

tremec

15267615_562694243935715_1036028247409356206_n.jpg17879902_837245949813875_7875905777648551976_o.jpgWent to a local park and had some fun finding a" comfortable" place to park. second pic is from November when I installed the bumper. The Warn 16.5ti-S winch is in the garage and i need to install it. I would then like to add lockers a lift and 42 inch tires.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Deleted due to picture attachment issues

Attachments

• IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member