E250 driver and passenger seats - what are my options?

Nivel Egres

Observer
So I bought a E250 4x4 conversion van that was used for wheelchair transport in it's previous life (also referred to as The Imp).

(a) One of the unfortunate side effects is that the passenger seat has been removed to make room for the "remote-control" door. Once I remove the "remote control", I'd like to install a passenger-side seat on a swivel. Now, it's almost guaranteed that anyone riding in this van would be thin, so I am wondering if i can get a narrow-profile seat of some sort. Obviously, it has to take seat belts, be compartible with a swivel adapter and, most importantly, pass inspection. What are my options in terms of available after-market seats that do not cost an arm+leg+testicle?

(b) If I can, I'd like to install a swivel on the both seats. On the driver side, I guess I need to check if it would clear the 4x4 gear handles, but I think it should (the handles are pretty far forward). Who makes swivels and how hard are they to install? I don't mind the seats being a bit taller, so no cutting will be involved.

(c) Am I right to assume that this is one the instances when I'd rather pay a mechanic then learn to do it myself?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I don't know where you are located, so shipping may kill this offer. I have an OEM set in grey that I don't need anymore and would be willing to let them go cheap. The kicker is that they are located in Reno NV.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
You can get swivels at discountvantruck.com, or if you're lucky, a junkyard. If they're drop in it's 4 bolts (actually 2 bolts and 2 nuts IIRC) to the floor, I think 4 to the seat as well. Not hard to install, DIY friendly.

LukeD

Observer
Sorry to highjack but I think it's on topic....

What donor vehicles have seats that easily bolt into e-series vans or the van bases? Trying to find reasonably priced replacement front seats just like the OP

Say F series truck captains seats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz