Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooper Discoverer: The Canadian Border Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by jim65wagon View Post
    What dates are you looking at for Chincoteague?
    We're not even close to Williamsburg. We're at King George. It's right off route 301 before you get into Maryland. If you're up this far you're welcome to camp in the driveway - no wilderness but it's better than a koa.

Stankfoot was down Williamsburg way. I haven't heard from him in a few years though.
    Sometime in the middle of October. Planning to leave here, go to Expo East for 2 or 3 days, travel up the BRP/Shenandoah, then scoot over to Chinoteague. Williamsburg is a maybe ---- might also divert up to Shepherdstown, WV before the horses; it's my ancestral home and I haven't seen some of the other areas that the family influenced.
    We stayed at Maple Tree Campground a couple of years ago and it was pretty neat (MD near Shepherdstown). I guess I really just need to figure out which campground on Chinoteague is most teardrop-friendly...

Last time we were in Williamsburg I called Stankfoot and talked to him out on the water on his tugboat. I thought that was pretty neat.
    Safety fast,
    Bill

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king
    And a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything"
    Bruce Springstein

HAM General licensee

Awesome story Bill! I was actually up that way a couple of weeks ago. I had a client in Edmonton and I talked them into paying for my stay until Sunday so that I could get 4 full days on site and a day to myself. I made a 12 hour meander over to Jasper and down Icefields Parkway in the Rockies (Jasper National Forest) down to the Crossroads (in Banff National Forest) and back up\across to Edmonton. It was STUNNING and I want to go back! Unfortunately Glacier was just a bit too far. Everyone thought I was nuts to do it - and I'm still recovering (but that's because I was on the road for work the next too weeks as well) - but totally worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWife View Post
    Awesome story Bill! I was actually up that way a couple of weeks ago. I had a client in Edmonton and I talked them into paying for my stay until Sunday so that I could get 4 full days on site and a day to myself. I made a 12 hour meander over to Jasper and down Icefields Parkway in the Rockies (Jasper National Forest) down to the Crossroads (in Banff National Forest) and back up\across to Edmonton. It was STUNNING and I want to go back! Unfortunately Glacier was just a bit too far. Everyone thought I was nuts to do it - and I'm still recovering (but that's because I was on the road for work the next too weeks as well) - but totally worth it!
    It's the prettiest place I've ever been, Dawn.
    Did you stop and walk on any icefields?
    Safety fast,
    Bill

Bruce Springstein

HAM General licensee

Quote Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
    It's the prettiest place I've ever been, Dawn.
    Did you stop and walk on any icefields?
    I walked up to - but I knew if I did TOO much that I'd be too exhausted for the drive back. It's on my bucket list to go back with Max in tow and do more exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWife View Post
    I walked up to - but I knew if I did TOO much that I'd be too exhausted for the drive back. It's on my bucket list to go back with Max in tow and do more exploring!
    They have an "easy button" tour up there for the Columbia Icefield. I really wanted to go on this. Next time, I hope...

Safety fast,
    Bill

Bruce Springstein

HAM General licensee

Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois, Quebec, Canada
    Nice story!
    Luc L., Paramedic, ski patroller, Charlevoix, Qc, Canada, 95 Wrangler, 1987 Honda Transalp

Quote Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
    I went on one of those big things. It was a hoot!
    My trip reports are on my Blog: "Sun To The North"

A great read Bill. Thanks!
    "my political ideal is democracy. let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized."
    - albert einstein

Very well done sir! We were there last summer and loved it. We did the glacier "bus" tour. It was gorgeous!

Man, you guys are killing me that you did the bus. I wanted to so bad....
    Gotta go again then. It's settled.

Here's a slideshow of the entire trip if anybody is interested

Safety fast,
    Bill

Bruce Springstein

HAM General licensee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast