Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '98 Montero Wrecked... Now What?

Default Back in the Game!

So after a long and fruitless search for a replacement, I've finally found another 2.5 Monty!!!

2000 Montero Endeavor model, (bummer no rear lock) but in pretty decent shape and I'm digging the bronze color

Anyhow, going to get some tires and suspension work done today... then I need to find a local mechanic that knows these beasts to have a look at it.

So, as I am just visiting SLC for the Holidays and will need to drive back to Alaska in a few weeks... Does anyone know a good mechanic in the SLC Utah area? Much appreciate any suggestions, Thanks!!!

2000 Montero Endeavor.jpg
    2000 Bronze Montero Endeavor
    1998 Black Sea Green Montero (Wrecked)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenix View Post
    So after a long and fruitless search for a replacement, I've finally found another 2.5 Monty!!!

2000 Montero Endeavor model, (bummer no rear lock) but in pretty decent shape and I'm digging the bronze color

Anyhow, going to get some tires and suspension work done today... then I need to find a local mechanic that knows these beasts to have a look at it.

So, as I am just visiting SLC for the Holidays and will need to drive back to Alaska in a few weeks... Does anyone know a good mechanic in the SLC Utah area? Much appreciate any suggestions, Thanks!!!

2000 Montero Endeavor.jpg
    What all do you need fixed?
    1998 Montero with winter/locker package with Old Man Emu springs/torsion bars/shocks, ARB winch bumper, 33x10.50 km2's, aluminum roof rack with ARB awning

Just the usual "new to me" maintenance. I've no idea when the timing belt was last done, so that and the water pump, updated crank bolt and washer. Plus just have all the fluids changed and the accessories belts, spark plugs and such...

I'm not from SLC, just here visiting family for holidays when I ran across this little find. So I don't have access to my shop or tools back home, plus it's a Looong drive back to Anchorage so I want it gone through thoroughly before I take off...

Nobody has a mechanic they'd recommend in the SLC area?

How about John Kruger Automotive? I had a 4WD alignment done at Russ's Alignment, they offered his shop as a possible place to take the Montero into. However, if anyone on the forum that's familiar with a good Mitsubishi mechanic has a recommendation I'd be happy to take your advice

The evolution is moving forward pretty nicely otherwise. I've stripped the running boards off and installed new 31" BFG KO2 tires with a set of Bilstein 4600 shocks, so much better!!! Looks great too

Going to give it a solid wash an detail today, see how pretty I can make a 18 year old Monty look....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenix View Post
    Nobody has a mechanic they'd recommend in the SLC area?

How about John Kruger Automotive? I had a 4WD alignment done at Russ's Alignment, they offered his shop as a possible place to take the Montero into. However, if anyone on the forum that's familiar with a good Mitsubishi mechanic has a recommendation I'd be happy to take your advice

The evolution is moving forward pretty nicely otherwise. I've stripped the running boards off and installed new 31" BFG KO2 tires with a set of Bilstein 4600 shocks, so much better!!! Looks great too

Going to give it a solid wash an detail today, see how pretty I can make a 18 year old Monty look....
    I do my own work so I don't have anyone to suggest, but if the guys at Russ's make a suggestion it is usually pretty reliable, Russ's is the best around and you were lucky to get an appointment so soon.
    1998 Montero with winter/locker package with Old Man Emu springs/torsion bars/shocks, ARB winch bumper, 33x10.50 km2's, aluminum roof rack with ARB awning

oregon. split between east oregon desert, and the big muddy.
    keep it ,
    get another one
    keep rolling

Quote Originally Posted by 'round n' back again View Post
    keep it ,
    get another one
    keep rolling
    He already has another one, did you even read the thread?

oregon. split between east oregon desert, and the big muddy.
    keep it ,
    get another one
    keep rolling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12