Hippo80 build

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Primered and painted the axle.

Added a little personal touch on the upper link mount

Added coilover reservoir mounts

Going on vacation for few weeks. Cant wait to finish this thing when I get back and take it on a shakedown. :smiley_drive:

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Finally got my brake lines situated, courtesy of Earls Performance. Eliminating all of the rubber and metal lines on the axle. Ended up being $76 for complete setup with banjo bolt adapters and couplers.

"offroad use only"

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Worked under the hood today. Passenger tower was in the way of the intake box. So I slightly notched it to make sure it sits in its factory location.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Figure its time to update my build.

assembled the coilovers

ran the brake lines

(also welded in tabs to keep the lines in place)

the rig sat a little too low, I ended up changing the springs. Went from 150/250 to 200/300.

while waiting for the springs I started on the rear. Plan is to fabricate all heavy duty extended links including panhard bar.

Took out the factory springs and replacing them with OME comp springs.

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
The lower links are made from 2" DOM. On the axle side they are sleeved to connect onto a poly mount that fits within factory location. On the frame side Ill be running 1.25 Heim joints.

Upper links are from 1.75 DOM. Same mounts on the axle side and 7/8' Heims on the frame side.

Pan hard is form 1.75 DOM with 7.8 Heims.

I modified the panhard frame mount for to slightly lower and level out its position

For rear shocks I went with 12' FOX Smooth body shocks with external resis

Made lower mounts. Factory mounts were chopped of.

Upper mounts were modified as well.

Rear pretty much complete, just need to extend sway bar links.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Got new springs on. Finally got the rig to sit how I like. Waiting on new driveline.

Started mocking up the coilover tower brace. Its quite difficult working around the 1FZFE. On the driver side intake manifold blocks direct access. Will be relocating the power steering tank few inches forward to clear the brace.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
got some LED tails for the rear. Shipped from Dubai. Very impressed with the quality.

also finished up the strut tower brace. The final cut was made out of 1.5' OD DOM tubing with interlocking clamps from Chassis Unlimited.

this was incredibly tedious job because of tight space constraints.

Ordered some DEPO lights for the front as well. Also impressed with the quality. Will slightly modify them before installation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94