Rotopax Door Hinge Mount For JKU

Jorsn

Adventurer
Not sure if you guys have seen this but I thought it was pretty neat. It's always nice to have more options for fuel/water storage and I especially like the fact that it's removable.

JK-Door-Hinge-Mount-D4WD057-0316052441-Dixie-4-wheel-drive.jpg

JK-Door-Hinge-Mount-D4WD057-0316052511-Dixie-4-wheel-drive.jpg

JK-Door-Hinge-Mount-D4WD057-0316052531-Dixie-4-wheel-drive.jpg

JK-Door-Hinge-Mount-D4WD057-0316053018-Dixie-4-wheel-drive.jpg

JK-Door-Hinge-Mount-D4WD057-0316045007-Dixie-4-wheel-drive.jpg

http://dixie4wheeldrive.com/shop/jk/jk-door-hinge-mount/
^^ Here's the link for those of you that are interested

Alphonse

Observer
That seems like it puts the fuel can in harms way. There are also high lift mounts for the same position.

I'd rather carry these items on the rear where they are less likely to snag on something.

SoCal Tom

Explorer
Strapping a can of gas to the door is a bad idea. Get T-bone and burn to death. Erases all the safety features on the Jeep.
Tom

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Justincredible

Adventurer
Strapping a can of gas to the door is a bad idea. Get T-bone and burn to death. Erases all the safety features on the Jeep.
Tom

You're far more likely to get rear ended than T-boned, and most states prohibit carrying fuel in the passenger compartment, what would be your suggestion for carrying extra fuel?

I looked at these mounts at a recent expo in SLC. They seemed well built and I love the location, but the cost when added to the already high cost of a RotoPax mount and can will put you around $250-$300 just to carry an extra 2.5. gallons.
Too rich for my blood.

SoCal Tom

Explorer
You're far more likely to get rear ended than T-boned, and most states prohibit carrying fuel in the passenger compartment, what would be your suggestion for carrying extra fuel?

I looked at these mounts at a recent expo in SLC. They seemed well built and I love the location, but the cost when added to the already high cost of a RotoPax mount and can will put you around $250-$300 just to carry an extra 2.5. gallons.
Too rich for my blood.
Fire at the tailgate doesn't block your main point of exit, and the door is much closer to me than the tailgate is. Getting T boned is more likely to incapacite the occupants vs getting T-boned. The tailgate is as safe as you can probably get, and can be mounted high out of harms way or behind a bumper. Hanging on the door means death if it gets hit.
Tom

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I think the Mythbusters need to do a test. Getting T Boned into a side mounted gas can is no promise of going up in a ball of fire. Having said that, I wouldn't put a gas can on my front doors either. Just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles