Fitting an 18' canoe on a jet ski trailer

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys! I've got a few more tweeks to get rid of the wratchet strap but we are using it.

image.jpeg

It pulls great off road. This was actually a rutted out 4WD climb.

image.jpg

We took a break in a cove with an island for a swim.

image.jpeg

4th of July weekend party on the water we hit befor heading home.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Every other weekend on rough roads made the carpet ware thru. The back was worse.

image.jpg

I cut 4" strips of rubber out of a thick rubber door mat to go over the carpet.

image.jpg

It gets boring going slow off road so having it riding on rubber will best. I used two layers for the front and 3 on the rear.

image.jpg

FJOE

Regular Dude
Curious as to what this cost you from start to finish. I was looking for a similar solution and ended up buying a Malone Micro Sport. It can easily hold 3 of my boats, and all four if I configure it right. It's basically a trailer with load bars, so bike racks, boxes, etc can fit too. But I like the DIY nature of yours, and its great for one boat.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Curious as to what this cost you from start to finish. I was looking for a similar solution and ended up buying a Malone Micro Sport. It can easily hold 3 of my boats, and all four if I configure it right. It's basically a trailer with load bars, so bike racks, boxes, etc can fit too. But I like the DIY nature of yours, and its great for one boat.

Two canoes fit if I spoon them or could quickly bolt down a two by four over the load bars to make it wider. As far as cost, I bought a $250 craigslist deal just like this https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/bpo/6116364228.html.

I'll guess at the rest but steel and bolts were $50. 3 tires from the tire wholesale place $125. Paint $20. The rubber floor mat in my last post broke down from flying down ruff roads. Horse mat from tractor supply was on sale for $20. The box was probably $40 used.
With registration over $500 bucks total. It's been used at least 15 or 20 times and has been a real treat to just go on a moments notice. I can unload and load in a minute at a ramp or bank. All the gear is right in the box so it's fast.

The slider shackles clank a bit. You get used to it because it tracks so smooth and flies down dirt roads and trails. I've seen it bounce feet into the air with no worries. We literally comment on every single trip what a treat the trailer turned out to be. You will love yours. There is nothing wrong with buying new and even with the little extra cost you will get all the same benifits and maybe more. Congrats on your purchase! You will use your craft way more now that getting there is so much less hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles