POP top added to removable hard top??

Coachgeo

Explorer
Just saw a pic of Jeep with hardtop..... modified with a pop top... got me thinking ( I know that is dangerous ) Why not just pop or tilt the whole hard top up. Use OEM hard top attachments in drive mode? . In Pop mode the added cloth is below instead of above to fill gaps. At campsite.... just raise/tilt the whole hardtop. Lot less remanufacture. Sleep arrangement could be hanging cot/hammock.
PS- send me some money out of gratitude when you steal my idea and market it :smokin: :ylsmoke:

africa-jk-renogy-solar-panels.jpeg

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The design of the jeep hardtop with its two front removeable panels makes this idea unfeasible unfortunately.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I guess you aren't familiar with how the freedom panels over the front seats attach - they are a separate part from the rear part and are unsupported by it so wouldnt "lift up" with the rear section if you devised a system unfortunately.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I guess you aren't familiar with how the freedom panels over the front seats attach - they are a separate part from the rear part and are unsupported by it so wouldnt "lift up" with the rear section if you devised a system unfortunately.

thanks for the insight on the OEM model top most likely not working for tilting/lifting up by the windshield attachment point; if anyone wants to explore this idea. On the OEM Sounds like it would have to leave the freedome panals area intact and do any lifting in an area behind them. But there is various tops out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles