RTT Expedition Trailer V2.0

nimrag

Good job on the build. Does the lift for the tent bind at all, or does it go up and down pretty easy?

My trailer has expanded metal on the steps. It works well to keep junk from building up, since it just falls through.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Good job on the build. Does the lift for the tent bind at all, or does it go up and down pretty easy?

My trailer has expanded metal on the steps. It works well to keep junk from building up, since it just falls through.

Thank You! I was a little worried it would mind, but it runs up and down with no binds at all!

That is one definite advantage of the expanded metal.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Dang it, you got me sucked in anxiously waiting to see what you get done in the coming hours. No pressure.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
More pics tonight! Promise! Got two tarps / covers made, the water tubes run and the pump and switch wired up. I've got a new latch for the tailgate coming today, that should be just about it.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Hey Indiana! Check out Instagram.com/shocku992 for some more pics. We are in the middle of the Kentucky Adventure Tour right now, but when I get back home I'll throw more pics up and a review of trailer.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
So after a few thousand miles, my trailer is back in Birmingham where we built it. We've got a few things we'd like to finish up now that the big trips for the season are over. We are finishing the trailgate, building in the steps on the side, and possible adding some shelves and drawers inside. I'll update as we start working more on it.

This trailer has been fantastic. My first outing on the Kentucky Adventure Tour, I stopped for the night and found I was almost out of water. I was a bit confused. I refilled the tank and set out for day two, only to find I was low on water again. It was then I realized that my overflow / breather tube was great on level ground, but when the trailer was tilted on the left side it was dumping water out. A simple one way valve fixed that.

Not many other modifications have been made, it's really been an amazing trailer!

ExpoTrailer.jpg

Jeep%20and%20Trailer.jpg

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Thanks Kev! I was hoping to work on it some this weekend, but alas I'm on call. May have some more camping pics soon. There is a group camping trip in two weekends I'm considering joining.

Al_In_AV

Very nice build. Reading threads like this keep me motivated to tackle my own build. And also gives me good ideas for me to copy! LOL:bowdown:

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Very nice build. Reading threads like this keep me motivated to tackle my own build. And also gives me good ideas for me to copy! LOL:bowdown:

Thanks! My dad is already designing version 3 for him. :sombrero:

Copy away, and let me know if you have any questions! When you get started, send me a link, I'd love to follow along.

ljrunner05

Adventurer
I've been really bad about updating with pictures and changes! A couple weekends ago my father welded up a new steel tailgate on the trailer and we tack welded the grate onto the steps of the trailer. I've since painted the grate, but haven't taken many pictures. I'll try and remedy that soon.

Next steps for me are 12v lighting inside the tent and inside the trailer box. After that will probably be solar.

After nearly 3000 miles on this trailer I don't think there is a thing I'd change It's been awesome!

welding.jpg
Grate.jpg
Cherokee Camping.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz