2001 Ford Ranger Build Thread

TheFutur

Adventurer
A bunch of new photo's!

KaYJ4rV.jpg

^ Finally found a place where I could flex the rear springs a little! First time giving them a good flex since all the suspension work I've done, pretty happy with myself.

6fBu7Yi.jpg

^ Other angle, still have TONS of room for a 32" tire in there.

vBKKY3q.jpg

^ Widened the rack so my canopy fits inside of it now. Pretty happy with the look of it and I will definitely sleep better up there in the RTT, with just the two no name brand roof bars I was constantly listening for the bars to break instead of sleeping.

Y13HoKo.jpg

^ Another angle.

rvlKuBy.jpg

^ from the front.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Theres definitely room for a much taller tire. If you're into the look a buddy of mine runs 4 stock steelies with 255/85s on his ranger and wheels it hard, clears with no issues at all. Even with his rack and RTT and all loaded up.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Yeah im leaning more toward 32's over 33's but we shall see! Still trying to get my tires haha

Definitely excited for some new tires though! Im scared I'm gonna puncture these michelin's everytime i take them on gravel as they are only P rated

TheFutur

Adventurer
Thinking about leaving the RTT up there and ditching the trailer?

For some trips, mainly fishing trips when I want to take the boat as well.

I put the RTT on two no name cross bars and i had issues sleeping cause i was waiting for the bars or the canopy to collapse haha

This is a better solution for a very great price haha

TheFutur

Adventurer
Back with another update!

Got my Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx put on my truck, size is 265/75r16 which measure out to 32.01" according to Coopers website! They look stellar so far and seem to be handling the 40km or so I've put on them well.

60mPg1K.jpg

I64RBtm.jpg

FVoeMN9.jpg

r13cx0S.jpg

8fgcgtG.jpg

^ Looks pretty good next to my dad's 2015 F-150 on 265/70r17 KO2's.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Now go get dirty.

That's the plan! Taking my truck back to the shop tomorrow to get them balanced again because at highway speeds my truck starts shaking haha

Once that is taken care of I'm heading up east or west harrison with a co-worker who has a TJ on 33" BFG KO's to see how they handle some trails!

duckhunter71

Adventurer
The ko2's have great puncture resistance on both sidewall and tread. Personally id go with the ko2's over the at2's for that very reason.

I was gonna go with the ko2's as my next tire but these coopers fell into my lap so I'm giving them a try.

The ko2's also *look* better in mud due to the sidewall lugs. My dad is running them on his 2015 f150 and you cant even hear them on the highway!

I have a set of the BFG KO2s on my F150 and I am sold on them as my go to tire until they're no longer available. I've got 30k on mine and you can only hear a faint hum at highway speeds. They're wearing exceptionally well, as well. My buddy put a set of the Coopers on his 4Runner and is very pleased. I think you'll enjoy them, especially since they were free!

TheFutur

Adventurer
I have a set of the BFG KO2s on my F150 and I am sold on them as my go to tire until they're no longer available. I've got 30k on mine and you can only hear a faint hum at highway speeds. They're wearing exceptionally well, as well. My buddy put a set of the Coopers on his 4Runner and is very pleased. I think you'll enjoy them, especially since they were free!

Yeah the KO2's look like a solid tire! I'm excited to compare these coopers to the original KO's i have on my previous Escape!

adrstout

Adventurer
Looks like a well set up and capable little rig. The Ranger was the last of the true mini trucks and I think that alone makes it pretty awesome. Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne