Removing video player from an 2007 LR3

11b4v

Adventurer
Looking at getting into my first LR3, and found an 2007 that is good to go, but that cheesy video player stuck on the roof, sitting under the rear AC roof panel. Im going to lift / off road the truck so I dont think it will last.

What am I looking at if I want to detach the video player. Is/was there a panel that can be gotten/rear AC trim easily replaceable?

I'm no where near the truck, as it's a couple of states away.

thanks in advance for your thoughts, advice, input, etc.

mv

NCLRbear

Adventurer
Thank you for your service. I was a 11B2P in the 82nd. I'm not sure if I know what you're talking about. I have a '06 but no dvd player or anything. I believe all the A/C lines run on the sides and not through the roof. I know you're not near the vehicle but if you could get pictures that would be helpful.
-Rangers lead the way, Airborne.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I am also a Vet (Vietnam), so thanks for your service.

I have just removed a video player from my '07 LR3. four screws and a plug from power to the player on mine. Hopefully yours is as simple as mine. It was mounted forward of the mid seat lighting and screwed to clips and the overhead panel. Not all that sturdy for off road.
The previous owner had small children and it may have been an aftermarket installation. When you remove it, chances are that you will have holes in the overhead that are not going to be able to be patched.
I made a tissue dispenser and a holder for my rechargeable LED flashlight to take up that space. I used the wires that were connected to the 'only on with the vehicle running' part of the plug. There were three others that are on continuously, one may be a ground.
I gave the video player to a friend and he also wants the plug so I will have to cap off the wires I am not using...not a problem for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier