Happier Camper Trailer

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks interesting:

trailer-specs1.jpg

http://happiercamper.com/?

Has a large rear hatch and a modular interior which can be used outside when camping.

adaptive-layouts.png

From their FAQ: Q:: WILL THERE BE AN OFF-ROAD VERSION OF THE HC1? A:: Yes! We are currently developing a beefed-up trailer with unique features designed specifically for the off-road adventurer, as well as upgrade options for the HC1.

grogie

Like to Camp
It needs a lift, but cool like Legos!

I always wonder about these unique little trailer builds and how long the builder lasts? Someone's dream to make the ultimate trailer! Indeed cool.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Its a bit too heavy (1100 lb "dry" weight) and has too low of a max weight rating of 1500 lbs. It reminds me of a Eriba Puck trailers from the 60s but they were much lighter - as little as 700 lbs.

I like it better than the typical Casita / Burro or even the TAB trailers because it has the big rear hatch which would allow it to carry bikes or even smaller kayaks (or the bigger kayaks that break into sections). The modular interior is an interesting idea as it allows reconfiguration depending on the type of trip and number of people going.

Unfortunately, there is a rear "tailgate tent" that looks like a nice feature - but they didn't make the hinge at the top of the rear hatch shed water so that would be a problem... So much for it being an awning on rainy days too.

Much better styling than the Taxa Cricket trailer also - which is too heavy at 1460 lbs empty. Taxa is making a smaller "tiger moth" trailer which weighs only 910 lbs empty and handles 2000 lbs loaded - but it is a "camp beside" design that you can't stand in - more like a teardrop trailer.

features-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior