campsite pics..lets see um

atavuss

Adventurer
last summer near Carson Pass on highway 88 in California's high Sierras (about 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe). I am also a fan of the KISS concept:
DSC01338(Small).JPG

DSC01337(Small).JPG

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
paulj, i'v camped at that same spot at Alta Lake! All the way back in the corner behind the large boulder.

Being from the east i had a lil difficulty breathing deep at 11,200'.

paulj

Expedition Leader
We drove over to Telluride from Moab, intending to camp in the town park, and then spend a few days exploring the jeep trails in the area (to the extent possible in an Element). But town was packed with a Blues and Brews festival, so I headed off to this forest service campground above town. As soon as we go up there and selected the site, it rained for an hour. It cleared enough for supper, a rainbow, and short walk, and then was rainy and windy all night long.

The next day was also rainy, so I opted to stick to the paved highways. Latter I learned that we had hit the remnants of a tropical storm from Baja. The same rain had caused some flooding that blocked access to Burr Trail in the Powell Lake area.

paulj

Attachments

• altarainbow.jpg
    altarainbow.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 359

Willman

Here is Lake Powell a few weeks ago!!! Boy did the wind blow the whole time we were there expect for the last day!!!!....We went through about 300' of rope just tieing down our tents!!! Good thing we bought extra tent stakes to hold us down!!! Overall...It was a great get-a-way!!!

Here's our camp!!!!

DSC01297.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
One of the trailers first trips
IMAG0155.jpg

I have since added 12V power, 120V power, an ARB Freezer fridge, on board propane and a couple other goodies that I need to finish installing in the trailer. Next on the list is an awning off the back? Possibly a rooftop tent?

silverscout

Adventurer
The first photo is after a warm night sleeping in two bags. Notice my one man coffin. The second is a shot off the Sea of Cortez, much warmer.

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 652
  • camping.jpg
    camping.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 479

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'm digging the Pooh chair Mark.

I know there would be a meltdown of epic proportions if we forget the SpongeBob or Dora chairs.....

The tent looks awesome too!! :clapsmile

david despain

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
I'm digging the Pooh chair Mark.

I know there would be a meltdown of epic proportions if we forget the SpongeBob or Dora chairs.....

The tent looks awesome too!! :clapsmile

:D my girls have the disney princess chairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles