Ikamper Hard top one

mimps

Does anyone have one or seen one in the flesh?

They look very cool and with a small kid it would be awesome.

Unable to post the link as I'm a new member

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I have seen them at the Overland Expo a month ago. They looked very nicely made.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Same here as Victorian. The design is simple and provides much more space than any other hardtop out there. I did find the display tent lacking at some of the seams, but I was assured that the ones coming to the US are the 2016 production ones that addressed my concerns. One thing to look out for is their new design thats not on the website. Same exterior and interior space as the hardtopone but lighter since it opens by hinging on one side only so it forms a triangle as youre looking from the side.
I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me purchase one!

mimps

I really love the James Baroud and the Alu Cab tents but not sure they are big enough with my wife and 8 month old into the future. The James Baroud Grand Raid might be ok for a year or so but for that price you'd want it to last a while.

F40

Adventurer
Same here as Victorian. The design is simple and provides much more space than any other hardtop out there. I did find the display tent lacking at some of the seams, but I was assured that the ones coming to the US are the 2016 production ones that addressed my concerns. One thing to look out for is their new design thats not on the website. Same exterior and interior space as the hardtopone but lighter since it opens by hinging on one side only so it forms a triangle as youre looking from the side.
I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me purchase one!

OverlandExpo2016Gear-16.jpg

mimps

Cool, Ill have to keep an eye on there website. So far it seems like US and Korea only. Maybe i could get one shipped to Australia.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Any updates here? Has anyone seen the ones that will be on the market soon?

Nope and been wondering the same... I'm seriously debating still about purchasing one when the early bird price hits. Very tempting as my growing family could sure us the extra space soon!

Monterado

Observer
I got some new info from iKamper if you care.
The Kickstarter campaign will last for 45 days and will start on Feb. 27th.
Here are the final prices for the all products and accessories that will be available on that day:
Shipping is not finalized yet, but targeting April/May.

Super Early Bird (24 hrs) $1,950
Early Bird (1 week?) $1,995
KS Special1 $2,050

Poly/Cotton Canvas
Super Early Bird (24 hrs) $2,195
Early Bird (1 week?) $2150
KS Special1 $2,150

Accessories
Awning
$149
Annex Room $390
Shoe Rack $49
Storage $49
Wind Deflector $110

harbinger808

Adventurer
got the same info yesterday from ikamper. i asked if they can make a video showing interior details of stitching and seams and the mattress pads. also a vid showing annex and awning setups. im still hesitant to buy one if the quality is the same as the ones i saw at expowest.
our howlingmoon is great but i'd like a hardshell rtt someday and ikamper is the only company now that makes an "expandable" hardshell.

ttengineer

Adventurer
They have posted more videos now showing in a little, not much, more detail on the awning and annex. Plus they have released prices on these accessories as well. Apparently they will have 2 versions, a Poly/nylon and a Poly/cotton.

I really don't want to be the guinea pig on these but I also don't want to be stuck paying 1000 extra if its awesome and I wait. I am also worried about the mattress as it doesn't look nice. But they say the shell fits bedding and clothing so I guess it will be easy to upgrade the mattress if needed.

T minus 3 days, and the early bird will only be available for 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles