F150-2010Family Style

D45

Explorer
Nice truck..... I'm looking for some Raptor take off and it's good to know how well they fit (and look)

TheGuyJones

Observer
Hey man! Just came across this thread for the first time. Sad to see you had to sell the old tundra, but looks like you've got a sweet new setup (been eye-balling the f150s myself though it will be a bit before I can pick something up for myself). And congrats on rugrat #3! It really changes when the kiddos out-number you (especially once they are all mobile).

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Hey man! Just came across this thread for the first time. Sad to see you had to sell the old tundra, but looks like you've got a sweet new setup (been eye-balling the f150s myself though it will be a bit before I can pick something up for myself). And congrats on rugrat #3! It really changes when the kiddos out-number you (especially once they are all mobile).

DJ, It's been a long time! Yeah , the third kid is a real game changer. It was hard to let the Tundra go. When I was shopping for a replacement truck l looked at a few 2nd gen Tundras , but I just don't like their body style. I had gotten alot of solid firsthand reviews of the F150 ;so, after 20+ years of owning nothing but Toyotas , i decided to try something different. Hurry up and get a new rig👍

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
So I have had the truck for over a year now; although, it's not my daily driver, I have had a chance to get it out on some good AZ back country adventures. So far the only issues I have had is the AC/heat blower went out and the wires in my rear door wiring harness are breaking at the door jambs. These were easy fixes.
I like the 35” x12.5”x 17 tires but they do rub a little, not bad enough to cause me any concern. They also have affected the trucks performance. I think if the truck was my daily driver this would bother me more. I also don't like the trucks traction control system, it never really turns off. I'm hoping some these things can be improved on with a Tuner.
Over all I really enjoy driving the truck on the dirt, having the ICONS pared with and aired down 35” tires make for a smooth ride over some rough terrain.The truck seems to be a good fit for us, the entire family enjoys taking the truck out on adventures and that keeps me happy :sombrero:. I have included some of photos for our resent trip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Resent mods:
Picked up a matching Raptor Spare rim and AT tire on CL. (Fits tightly in the stock location)
LED Bulbs for fog lights
Magnum steps

List of mods for next year:
Tuner (thinking STC x4)
Upgrade headlights and/or add a LED light bar
Fender Flares
IMG_0916.JPGIMG_0948.JPGIMG_0899.JPGIMG_0891.JPGIMG_0930.1.JPG IMG_0955.JPGIMG_0920.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz