Ultimate Adventure Rider Boots

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I have and love the Icon Field Armor Dual Purpose Boot!

They are a syn/leather mix, ultra stout and are as comfy as slippers!

They are a very good "Compromise" boot. Not quite motocross support, but still supportive and comfy

3ddb8501093dd08ec924fbc53a37eb45_refined.jpg

KMR

Adventurer
You're in the Discoveries, right?
I tried on a pair of the Crossfire's and the toe area was way to confined, but they have the plasticy toe guard that might have been the issue.
Do you think you could snap a pic of the toe area from the top down? Basically I need a square tipped boot, not a pointy toed boots.
Thanks for the info.
Oh, and were you able to find the Discoveries in a EE?

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Yup, I'm in the Discoveries.

I'm in the Troopy today, but can likely get a pic this evening and post up tomorrow.

I'm not sure if the Discos are made in a wide, specifically (I know some Sidi Mtn Bike shoes are W).

-H-

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
Boots

400nl.jpg

Combat Touring Boots. No stinking gore-tex to wear out before the boots do and what do you desert dwellers want with waterproof boots anyway? Resole-able, available with a wedge or Vibram sole.

If it's going to rain put on a pair of gore-tex boot liners and when they wear out as mine have, throw them out and get new ones and keep the boots.

Ugly as sin and the perfect foot wear for a clown suit.

Jim

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I bought Fox Trackers. Not the most expensive boot on the market, but for my use they have been great. I specifically bought them because of the Vibram sole. They were the only boots that I found that had a lugged sole rather than what ever it is that the MX boots come with.

I learned long ago that a foot sliding on the ground is a good way to break something, so I could see no reason that would I want a boot sole that was designed for that.

Clutch

<---Pass
expeditionswest said:
My new Sidi Discoverys arrived. I have them on, and am beginning the break-in process.

Sweet, I always liked their cycling shoes.

The only thing with their moto boots...doesn't look they have my size....no 9's only 9.5. No one in town has them in stock to try them on.

Speaker

Adventurer
Last year I bought Sidi's so called "budget" boot - Sidi Raptor Evo

raptor_bk_500w.jpg

They've been really nice. I must warn you though, they run big. I wear an 11.5, so I bought an 11.5, and my feet kind of flopped around in them. Good thing about buying too big (rather than too small) is that you can just wear more socks :oops: Also, for all of you interested in MX boots, keep in mind they are meant to be worn with shinguards (or really really big calves.)

nickatnite

Observer
Those Santiago's are nice. I've got several friends that have those.

I've got the Stitch CBT Lites. I had the Sidi Disco's but the calf wasn't large enough for me.

Here are some comparison pics.

139117814_ANX98-L.jpg

139118059_RYcrH-L.jpg

139118166_LYgrA-L.jpg

139118287_493WG-L.jpg

139117986_SRZ7A-L.jpg

139119447_5qGJM-L.jpg

139302884_44NDC-L.jpg

139303195_yRLtB-L.jpg

The Disco's are nice, but like I said, they were a little too tall for me. The CBT Lites are perfect for me. I've put about 15k miles on them and rain and all, I've had NO problems with them...

jerdog53

Explorer
I am currently running some rather old Sidi MX boots that are well broke in and walk very well with Vibrum soles, I get a chance I'll get some photos loaded. As for new ones the Sidi Disco's will be the next set.

NothingClever

Explorer
I've gotten soft over the past few years and bought some Oxtar Infinities (DP).

Formerly I rode all the time in my Gaerne RG2s (MX)....primarily because my riding hit the spectrum of riding conditions/srufaces.

WRT MX boots, I grew up in ski boots so I could care less about walking through a grocery store to pick up the evening meal and clicking my way down the aisle. In a get-off, my feet and ankles won't care what people thought of me at the grocery store.

And like somebody said, with a pair of Gore-tex socks any boots can be made all-weather. I crossed Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois in a day in January in my Gaerne MX boots.

It was 14*F.

The following day, I rode from Illinois to Lousiana.

It was 45*F and rain came down in buckets.

You could say that was a good test. I felt confident that in a get-off I would have been well protected. On top of that, my feet stayed warm.

That much said, the Oxtars have a stout shin guard and malleolus protectors, too, and are cushy-comfy for walking around.

Blair G

Adventurer
Gaerne Balance Oiled

I bought the Gaerne boot a few weeks ago and have really like them. Did almost 900 miles in a weekend in all types of weather and they were great. I really like the fact that when worn with normal clothes they don't make you look like you are on a perpetual "expedition" and blend in.
Blair

2008_Gaerne_Balance_Oiled_Boot_Brown.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier