Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2013 F450 Lance Camper Utility Bed Build

Quote Originally Posted by ripperj View Post
    Slick build, I love the bed and I would not sweat the $20k bed, that thing will last many trucks. Even if you buy a new chassis cab work truck and throw the $20k bed on it, you are still less than the stock bed King Ranch loaded, and that has $30k of crap that nobody needs.
    My situation is similar to your original story, Ram 2500 that meets my immediate needs, but I need more truck to haul a motorcycle and other toys. Next truck will get a custom bed like yours, I may bug you for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you! I don't have any regrets anymore. Buying the truck at auction with no bed saved me half of what a new one was and you are right, I'm still under the new price substantially or if I had to buy another chassis cab I would be too. After reading some other build threads whenever you are doing a custom build there is going to be money spent, most just don't talk about how much. Hell, I just read someone else spend quite more than I did on a bed system and it ended up as "yard art". To each their own, people will have their opinions.

Dude I just had to go back and look, 7 2” receivers! That’s got to be an Expo record

That's funny because I hear that ALOT! It's always a funny topic. Trust me, each one of those receivers was put there for a specific purpose, and besides who doesn't love the versatility a 2" receiver allows for future things not thought of? Hopefully in the next year I'll get a chance to weld together some of what I'm envisioning for them. First will be the fold down spare tire holder to the left of the camper door.

I wasnít being critical itís very practical,, Iím going to put two on the front and two more on the rear of my Ram, mostly for bike racks and my genny, maybe a keg

I wasn’t being critical it’s very practical,, I’m going to put two on the front and two more on the rear of my Ram, mostly for bike racks and my genny, maybe a keg

Its all good, I didn't think you were being critical at all! Just recalling how I think its funny when people notice them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345