M1078 LMTV expedition vehicle build

ksrimoungchanh

The demil codes are in reference to sale of the item not it's usage. When you purchased the truck you had to get an EUC which stated the vehicle cannot be SOLD outside the US or to a non-US citizen. You can still use it anywhere you want or anywhere that will let you but like Britboaters said they can't tell by your license plate what type of demil code you have. For that matter you can sell it to whomever you want and take the chance DLA will never come looking to verify. I've owned over 20 MVs purchased through GovPlanet and GovLiquidation before them (as well as GSA) and have never been contacted once I picked the vehicle up.

Any idea why one vehicle would have a (Q) Code and one would have an (A) Code, if they are both M1088A1's?

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Any idea why one vehicle would have a (Q) Code and one would have an (A) Code, if they are both M1088A1's?

It’s hard to say. One could have been assigned to a specialty unit that required all of their equipment to be disposed of in a certain way whether it be computers, trucks, or uniforms. I’ve seen vehicles listed as demil scrap/destruction required just because of the unit they were in.

Machinist

You guys are clearly talented and motivated, props.I have a four wheel drive host RV and am planning on building an expedition vehicle, hoping to use a M1084. Does anyone have any good input on that model? Hope to pick one up this winter.

M1084 great utility truck with crane. Has 14’ bed for camper without rear doors because crane in way, or 2’ longer if you remover spare tire/air filter etc. Will be small camper for size of truck because you can’t build with overhang off of rear. Maybe crane your ATVs onto bed and pull trailer for camping? Rides like a Cadillac on field where passenger would get thrown off an atv!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94