M1078 LMTV expedition vehicle build

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
hey there! Just received a 150 gallon custom sized tank from Propower manufacturing in ontario, Canada. they were super easy to work with and a quick turn around time. now I have a 1100+ mile range!

That's in addition to your stock tank? Where are you mounting it?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Both sound accurate.

Every single person I've met and talked to over the years that have owned and traveled using these have always reported between 6 and 8 MPG

Never more, never less.

They dont have the best diesel engine, but it is a diesel that falls into my "dumb diesel" category.

As in, a diesel that is too "dumb" to know or even care about how much its hauling or towing, and gets the same MPG regardless.

Most diesels in this category are also fairly dependent upon operating RPM when it comes to fuel mileage as well.

Simply, the higher the RPM, the lower the MPG. So the ones reporting higher MPG are often the ones keeping the engine at a lower RPM on the highway.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Driving from tucson to portland in our 1088 from the DRMO lot, i held speed at roughly 50-53mph and got 7.6mpg. what engine do you have?

The 3116. I also have the added weight of a bed and the wind sail of a cargo cover so that might save you some but will be deducted once you get your box on.

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
We've been makings steady progress, but you can really start to see it come together recently. All the painting is done and we are starting to reassemble all the refurbished parts.

Michael

vehicle-42917.jpg

MikeDG

Looks great! I really like the care and detail your putting into your build. I too will being (most likely) going down the LMTV route. Looking forward to see how the living accommodations turn out.
Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior