I need a hardcore Jeep tire.

brbobcat

brbobcat
Have you looked at the Toyo Mud Country tires? E-load range, strong side wall. I have a set on 17" double bead lock run flats.

MOguy

Explorer
That's an argument on a different thread...

True but it is also part off this discussion. It is important people get information, otherwise there is no reason for forums like this. Here is the link to the other discussion. There is good info here but be also some trash. http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ewall-strength-tire-pressure-and-tire-quality

There are a few things people should understand when buying a tire so they can get the correct tire for their needs.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Actually, in opposition to the other thread, I like E-rated tires on my Jeep.
I tow a trailer and wheel in mostly muddy terrain. The E-rated Coopers I've run have done fine and have been good values.
I just won a set of E-rated Coopers and I'll mount them when my D-rated Coopers get a little more worn.

But, again, not all E-rated tires are alike. I wouldn't run the E-rated Toyo MT on my Jeep. Nor a few others I've seen.

MOguy

Explorer
I tow a trailer and wheel in mostly muddy terrain. The E-rated Coopers I've run have done fine and have been good values.
I just won a set of E-rated Coopers and I'll mount them when my D-rated Coopers get a little more worn.

But, again, not all E-rated tires are alike. I wouldn't run the E-rated Toyo MT on my Jeep. Nor a few others I've seen.

I think this what is important to now. For a while the Wrangler Rubicon came with E rated MTRs and people didn't like them. They road hard and didn't conform to the terrain. I had friend that got a set of E rated MTRs for his Tacoma and he had the same problem.

I always buy for the weight of the vehicle and how it will be used. My 1 ton has E rated tires, not real aggressive. I have ripped side walls a couple times in the woods. My Jeep sees much rougher terrain and I have always run C rated tires with stronger side walls ( MTRs, TrXus and Supper Swampers) and I have never ripped one.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader

The best tires are free tires. Congratulations! I lived in Atlanta then Roswell Georgia and remember more dirt than rock. I bought the third Mt bike sold in Atlanta. I would ride/walk up the Stone Mountain trail then bomb down it. The top was like riding on the moon. I may the only person to have ever ridden it because they shut it down to hikers only after a year. Same with Peidmont park. It originally was a golf course so all the tee boxes and greens made perfect jumps. The bikes exploded in popularity and all that got shut down as well. Jeeps were the same back in the day with more places to play. I never thought I'd miss the Georgia red clay but after the endless rocks and dry hardback out west I miss the smooth trails and banked turns to rail.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Check out the new general grabber X3. It will be available this fall in an e rating as well
It looks pretty good...
I had their AT2s on my first Jeep after hearing good reviews. Not bad on the street but they were miserable in snow and mud. Always made me think twice about General after that.
...wonder if I can win a set...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior