Across Australia

Tazman

Adventurer
Envious. That is a trip I hope to take some day, maybe in my Kimberley. I look forward to future installments.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
http://www.4wdaus.com/travel-blog/

Cockburn-Ranges.jpg

Gibb-River-Road-Open.jpg

Another month goes by and so do the kilometres.
Map-2016-08-19.jpg
See you on the road
Steve

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Thanks Fugly, it's good having a piece of equipment and getting full use from it, it sat for 2.5 years in prep for tripping.
Smiles
Steve

Fugly

Adventurer
Steve ,

The Kimberley is good country...
Was up there a few years ago and want to get back there ....
Spent some time at Walsh Point at the bottom end of The Admrialty Gulf ....

Cheers Fugly

Enrbee

YOu still in Broome Steve? We are, with MItsubishi FG434. Will be heading down the west coast around mid November.

CHeers,
Neil

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Where are you staying in Broome?

Hi again... sorry to have missed these posts... while we were in Broome we free camped up on Quandong Point just north of Broome, with one night on James Price. We then moved down to 80 Mile Beach and stayed there for about a week, camping each night on Wapet Rd (or Kidson Track). Following that we headed inland and south, down to the Kennedy Range NP, Gascoyne Junction, Murchison Settlement, Mullewa, then onto Nambung Station, where we have been for the last 3 or so weeks helping the owners prepare for a Country Music Muster Festival in about a weeks time.

Then we will head down to Perth for about a week to catch up with some fiends, finally turning our noses eastwards for the trip home. More pics to follow..Cheers..Steve and Alison

Fugly

Adventurer
Steve and Alison,

Good to see you folk are still enjoying the trip....
Be safe enjoy ....please keep the pic's coming ....

Cheers Fugly

Toy-Roverlander

Adventurer
Hi again... sorry to have missed these posts... while we were in Broome we free camped up on Quandong Point just north of Broome, with one night on James Price. We then moved down to 80 Mile Beach and stayed there for about a week, camping each night on Wapet Rd (or Kidson Track). Following that we headed inland and south, down to the Kennedy Range NP, Gascoyne Junction, Murchison Settlement, Mullewa, then onto Nambung Station, where we have been for the last 3 or so weeks helping the owners prepare for a Country Music Muster Festival in about a weeks time.

Then we will head down to Perth for about a week to catch up with some fiends, finally turning our noses eastwards for the trip home. More pics to follow..Cheers..Steve and Alison

Sounds like you had a great time there! You should have gone to Cape Leveque, there are many places that make a wonderfull nights stay. Beautiful area that I'm lucky to have seen multiple times.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Sounds like you had a great time there! You should have gone to Cape Leveque, there are many places that make a wonderfull nights stay. Beautiful area that I'm lucky to have seen multiple times.

We agree, the Cape Leveque area is a magical place to visit. We did it in 2006, and loved such places as Beagle Bay, Middle Lagoon, One Arm Point, Lombadina.. All beaut places to visit and camp. Wonderful people too, all the way through the Dampier Peninsula. Maybe next time we will get back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles