Anybody running a r51 Pathfinder?

MicahB

Observer
And if so, would you mind helping out a new guy with recommendations on where to purchase after market items?

I recently purchased a 2011 Silver Edition and am looking to make it a bit more off road capable.

Specifically I'm looking for aftermarket plates for the under carriage but am also interested in other r51appropriate addons.

I'm finding all kinds of stuff for Europe and Australia but little to nothing within the US.

Any tips or pointers from more experienced folks?

docwatson

Adventurer
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the R51 club!

There a few R51s around the site. NmexMAX and LesterB probably have the most modified ones. The most active R51 forum I've found is thenissanpath.com with a plethora of aftermarket examples (lifts, lights, lockers, bumpers, racks)

As far as skids go, 4x4parts has some and I am almost positive all the Xterra/Frontier skids are identical (shrockworks and hefty fab come to mind)

MicahB

Observer
Thanks for the welcome and the recommendations.

I didn't realize the Pathy, Xterra and Frontier shared aftermarket items. I'll give those a look.

I'll also check out thenissanpath.com. I've glanced at it now and again but didn't give it much of a look since it seemed more general and less offroad/overland specific.

I will also start stalking those users you mentioned to see what kinds of shenanigans they've been up to.

Are you a Pathy driver as well? Looking over this forum (and doing a bit of searching) there really don't seem to be more than a handful.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I am another R51 member here, getting some 32" tires. you can do a lot with it. I ran with some jeeps and land rover guys down some trails and all everything they did.

docwatson

Adventurer
R51s are few and far between. The Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder have many cross compatible parts, but not all so just double check before you buy.

I'm running a Pathy as well but haven't done anything crazy yet, just added some stock skids. My goal is to rebuild my trans and replace my timing chain tensioners before I go wild. In my garage I have some 235/85s, airbags and suspension components for a mild lift. My needs aren't really much beyond a stock vehicles capabilities.

Long term goals (funds dependent) are torsen style LSDs f/r, V8 springs, front receiver w/ removable winch, f/r aux lights, and some interior stuff.

TheNissanPath isn't overland specific but tons of info and feedback on platform specific mods. Somebody on their has tried just about everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94