E350 Pop Out Window Conversion

stageracer

I've been scouring the site and the internet for info on how hard/easy converting the rear barnyard door windows to pop out windows for better venting. I've seen some windows for sale on eBay and I'm "ok" with tools and semi-difficult DIY projects.

Any insight or directions is appreciated

Surffj62

Did it in Home Depot parking lot. Super easy but messy. I think it's a nice upgrade especially if you're sleeping in it and it's not to buggy to open them

Jsweezy

Explorer
The hardest part about the install is getting all the junk off of the frame before mounting it on your van. I did it on all of my windows and love it.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I was just at 2 Junkyard yesterday and lost count of how many pop out windows were available!
I'm almost inclined to buy all of them and sell but shipping them would be very risky.

Raul

Adventurer
I was just at 2 Junkyard yesterday and lost count of how many pop out windows were available!
I'm almost inclined to buy all of them and sell but shipping them would be very risky.

Here in Texas is all about pick-up. Very few vans on the junkyards.

WVI

Adventurer
I've seen them on ebay. I bought a set for my rear doors at a pick a part. I haven't installed them yet.
I have solid side doors and and debateing on swapping to windowed doors. I found a local set of complete rear and side doors with the pop outs in them..

ClubWagon

Observer
I found mine locally on Craigslist from a guy parting out a van last year. I haven’t got them installed on my van yet but I had no problem taking them out of the donor van. I think it took me maybe 20 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne