NPR 4wd conversion and camper build thread.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I have to bleed brakes, wire all the lights, flush out the block then fill with antifreeze and water then power up the transmission controller and it should be roadworthy. Oh also gotta mount some seats. But yeah, the to do list is never ending.

javajoe79

Fabricator
So I've been doing a bunch of reading through the wiring schematics and running wires. I have quite a few unused circuits left over from the original harness too so I can add some stuff if necessary. The truck now starts with the key and the rear lights are in and functional. I also have the transmission controller wired up to battery and switched 12v using the same circuits as the original Isuzu ECU. Just need to add the TPS sensor and an rpm signal from the alternator. After that I can bleed the brakes, check all the fluids and drive the thing.
36970491_1561915683918320_2649097667388375040_n.jpg

vanwelderman

Hey man, Awesome build!
I know i'm new on the forum and this might be a weird question- but what is the overall width of the Isuzu cab? From door to door.

javajoe79

Fabricator
About 78"
I got the fan shroud fabricated the other day and bled the brakes. The master cylinder is seemingly too small for my brakes so the pedal is soft. Luckily the later NPRs had a larger master cylinder that is the same size that my brakes need. I just ordered one. Should be an easy swap.

38676547_1605344056242149_307350123149524992_n.jpg
38653474_1605343976242157_5573499388375859200_n.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
Chris, I figured you would have a vacuum bleeder in that fancy shop of yours.

Can't wait to see it out of the shop.

Cheers

javajoe79

Fabricator
We do but it wasn't needed. This thing bled faster than anything I've ever bled. Once I get the new, larger master on there, I will see about driving it a bit. Still need to finish the front lights. The wiring is currently a bit hacked so I have to put new ends on the headlight wires, route and zip tie it all, fix some mounting tabs for the lights and fascia, then put it all back together. Also I need a seat to sit on.

javajoe79

Fabricator
Oh I'm sure I'll drive it with no seat. This cabover shape is already a seat really.... I have an old RX7 seat laying around that I may toss in there. Otherwise I have a customer who owns a salvage yard and he's been stockpiling nice seats. I am going to get out there soon to pick some.

javajoe79

Fabricator
I finally drove it the other day. First drive went well. I just drove up and down the block a few times but this thing is actually pretty quick as is. The front end seems a bit soft as I suspected. I'll be looking in to adding a leaf to the spring pack. Before I drive it again I am going to strap a bunch of weight on the back to simulate some of the camper weight at least. Anyway, I'm pretty excited over here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94