Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: NPR 4wd conversion and camper build thread.

Thanks. Youre doing a great job! Really glad you came up with the supersteer piece. I could see something under RebelZilla but had no idea what it was, didnt know there was such an option to change push-pull.

WTF is going on with the frame in the second picture of post #138?

From the side, it appears that the frame has an outer skin that has separated, but from the top, it appears to still be attached?

Is that some of Ian's handy work or is that factory Isuzu? I have seen a lot of truck frames, but never one quite like that.

(maybe that is what you mean when you refer to repairing the clustered front spring hangars. However, that piece is red and the frame was red when Ian bought the truck)

It looks to be part of the Isuzu frame, you can see where the cab hinge mounts to it. Havent spent enough time under a NPR to know for sure

Yes that is the factory front section. The full length frame rails end there and have that structure riveted to them. The steering box, cab and front leaf mounts all attach to that. Ian had welded some universal leaf spring hangers to the same place as my fabricated hangers that are shown. However the hangers he used weren't quite the right size plus I wanted to add a couple inches there to move the spring pack away from the steering components on the DS, so I redid them.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottReb View Post
    Thanks. Youre doing a great job! Really glad you came up with the supersteer piece. I could see something under RebelZilla but had no idea what it was, didnt know there was such an option to change push-pull.
    Yeah I was pretty happy to find that piece. When I bought the truck Ian mentioned some freightliner steering component so I am pretty sure he was on to it already, just hadn't bought one yet.

I've got the front axle back in place with all new hangers and shackles as well as HD U bolts and spring plates. I wanted some more clearance to the steering parts and some more caster so I built in about 1.5" more height and a couple degrees caster. I added the lower shock mounts and limit strap tabs to the spring plates also. The rancho shocks come with a nice threaded 5/8" mounting pin so I used that for a nice clean bottom mount and modified the Isuzu upper mount to accept the ranchos. Next up I'll finish the upper shock mounts, then make a panhard bar and steering stabilizer mounts and I'll have a complete front suspension. I also just ordered 4.10 gears and a detroit truetrac for the rear end. So I'll be digging in to that soon.

Very nice work!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415