G.T.'s 2011 TRD Sport Tacoma double-cab...

lm6qo90.jpg

qsabJnu.gif

Aftermarket upgrades/accessories:

Suspension & Chassis
4Crawler 1" body lift.
Fox #880-06-418 2.5" Factory series coil-overs with DSC adjusters on remote reservoirs.
Fox #883-02-128 2.0" Factory series IFP bump stop.
Total Chaos #96504 Urethane pivot upper control arms.
Total Chaos #86500R race series stock length chromoly boxed lower control arms.
Total Chaos #59653 weld-on upper coil bucket tower gussets.
Total Chaos #59698-SB weld-on spindle gussets with swaybar mounts.
Total Chaos #59860 lower control arm cam tab gussets.
Fox #985-26-118 2.0" Performance series rear shocks with CD adjusters on remote reservoirs.
Rear frame box plate kit.
All-Pro Off-road #4505T-AP-3EX-PR 'Expedition' heavy duty rear leaf springs.
All-Pro Off-Road #4400A-AP-05-TIM rear u-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops.
Dirt Designs coil bucket tower crossover hats.
Wolf-Fab crossover bar.

Body & Exterior
McNeil Racing +2 fiberglass fenders.
Flippac camper shell.
Windoor hinged camper side windows.
Fiamma #06762D01(X) F35 Pro 3.0 meter awning.
Prinsu Design Studio Cabrac roof rack.
Black Diamond Fab / Elusive Elements grille insert.
Black Diamond Fab / Elusive Elements behind the grille light bar mount.
Pop & Lock BOLT locking tailgate handle.
Crawldorado hood black out kit.
Redline Tuning gas hood lift struts.
35% window tint on all side and rear windows.
75% - clear - UV blocking tint film on windshield.

Drivetrain
ARB #170112 differential breather kit.
4.56 Nitro gears.
ARB #RD111 front air locker.
ARB #RD129 rear air locker.
ARB #CKMA12 on-board 12v air compressor. (For locker activation)

Armor & Recovery
Ruff Stuff Toyota axle housing bash plate.
Relentless Fabrication bolt-on rock sliders.
Relentless Fabrication "Predator" winch carrier bumper.
Relentless Fabrication high clearance rear bumper with custom features.
Relentless Fabrication full skid/bash plate set.
Warn #92815 Zeon 10-S Platinum 12v electric winch.
Warn #87915 Spydura 100' x 3/8" synthetic rope.
Factor 55 Flatlink E winch shackle mount.
Factor 55 1.5" hawse fairlead.

Wheels & Tires
Hutchinson Rock Monster #WA-0567 BLACK dual beadlock wheels.
315/70/17 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx all terrain tires.
Innovative Balancing #DBS-OR8 Dyna beads, 8oz bag per wheel balancing beads.
No Loss metal valve stem caps.
Gorilla black chrome lug nuts.

Electrical
Baja Designs OnX6, dual control 40" amber/white LED light bar.
Baja Designs OnX6, 20" driving/combo LED light bar.
Baja Designs XL-R Pro, pair driving/combo, amber.
Baja Designs S2 Pro, LED flood/work, flush mount (pair).
Off-Road Only LiteSPOT LED trail lights.
Odyssey #35-PC1400 Extreme series batteries (pair).
Fastronix Mil Spec battery terminals.
IBS battery management system.
Columbia Overland dual battery tray.
Cooper Bussmann RFRM fuse and relay module.
Switch Pros #SP8100 8-switch panel power system.
Pioneer AVIC-8100 NEX in-dash navigation head unit.
Blackvue DR600GW-HD WIFI dashcam (pair)
Cobra C75 WX ST remote mount CB radio.
Redarc Tow-Pro Elite electric brake controller.
Up2NoGood Heated mirror kit.

Assorted upgrades/accessories:
Powertank #PT20-5460 20lb CO2 air tank system with accessories.
Sound dampening material throughout cab.
Relentless Fabrication hood hinge antenna mounts. (Pair)
WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners.
MOLLE panel for double cabs.
Lock'er Down console safe.
Trail Toys EZ-View mirror kit.

OEM upgrades/accessories:

Toyota #58510-04870-B2 all weather floor.
Toyota #PT747-35052 Tacoma Door Sill Protectors Double-Cab.

Pending upgrades/accessories:

Redarc low coolant alarm.
National Luna portable power pack.
Adventure Trailers combo slide.
National Luna 52L Weekender fridge.
Partner Steel JK stove.
JK stove windscreen.
Propex Heatsource HS2000 LPG furnace.
Archive Garage Tacoma shackle flip kit.

Future upgrade plans:

Coming soon​

Last edited:
I started planning what I wanted to do to this truck about four or five months before I actually bought it. I wanted to be able to be self sufficient when camping and to be able to get further away from the RV crowds. All of the changes I've made have hopefully made it more capable and comfortable for my family. I'm still sorting through pictures and getting them resized so that they are easier on the forum.

IMG_0720.jpgDSC05991.jpgDSC05982.jpg

Last edited:

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Woo! Makes me want to set the time aside to make my build thread, how's the bumper etc coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woo! Makes me want to set the time aside to make my build thread, how's the bumper etc coming?

Front bumper turned out pretty good and I believe that the changes made to it will suit me well.

Did have to modify the coil over reservoir mounting bracket as it and the bumper gusset interfered with each other. Ended up chopping the reservoir mount and welding it to the gusset making one piece. Problem solved.

Bh41nnr.jpg

Cut out some rectangular holes so I could mount the Baja Designs flush mount lights, one on each side.

zNbAqzL.jpg

When the bumper went on, the new skid/bash plates went on as well. Went ahead with the exhaust re-route to keep the belly as flat as possible. Have an additional heat shield to protect the transfer case.

SbsfQUt.jpg

Much better approach angle from the front now. Plus no more rubbing on the back of the factory bumper cover while turning when stuffed.

J6uqxbS.jpg

It looked like it wasn't going to work but with the solenoid relocation kit I now have the Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum shoehorned into the bumper.

KwL0zA4.jpg

It's now the cleanest thing on the truck.

LanaKJn.jpg

Ive stalked you on TW STL!

Right on, please don't hesitate to jump into the conversations there and if you need a space and some help let me know so we can make time to get you and your truck to my shop so we can get it done. We have allot of "mod days" at my place and it always turns out to be a great time.

Finally got the dual batteries installed and starting on the wiring for the IBS controller and monitor. Bussmann box nested in between the master cylinder and the factory fuse box.

2FcHHnk.jpg

Spent some time trying to sort out the best place for the remote solenoid for the winch and the small compressor for the front and rear lockers. Ended up with a custom mount that puts them between the intake and the ABS booster pump.

wZgUm4d.jpg

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Looks great man! I like that the bumper lines up with your larger fenders better than the stock bumper did. nice work! I need to jump on my dual battery set up, just keep putting it off. But now that we have added a flippac to our family (don't think I mentioned that before) it will be more necessary with all the extra lighting etc in the back

Looks great man! I like that the bumper lines up with your larger fenders better than the stock bumper did. nice work! I need to jump on my dual battery set up, just keep putting it off. But now that we have added a flippac to our family (don't think I mentioned that before) it will be more necessary with all the extra lighting etc in the back

Right on, glad you finally found one. I waited quite awhile to add the dual battery setup because I'm a bit nervous about wiring personally. Glad I finally got it done and over with and didn't burn the truck down. Still need to swap out the factory terminals as I really like these heavy duty new terminals and then do some clean up to make everything neater and easier to identify when troubleshooting. Also reading about people seeing metal fatigue with both batteries out front like that so I will be investigating some bracing ideas to prevent that from being an issue for me.

Bo at Adventure Trailers just sent me some tracking numbers for some gadgets I intend to add to the FlipPac and I'm talking with someone to help me with the FlipPac interior since my carpentry skills are severely lacking. Hope to have details soon.

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Right on, glad you finally found one. I waited quite awhile to add the dual battery setup because I'm a bit nervous about wiring personally. Glad I finally got it done and over with and didn't burn the truck down. Still need to swap out the factory terminals as I really like these heavy duty new terminals and then do some clean up to make everything neater and easier to identify when troubleshooting. Also reading about people seeing metal fatigue with both batteries out front like that so I will be investigating some bracing ideas to prevent that from being an issue for me.

Bo at Adventure Trailers just sent me some tracking numbers for some gadgets I intend to add to the FlipPac and I'm talking with someone to help me with the FlipPac interior since my carpentry skills are severely lacking. Hope to have details soon.

Roger that! Yeah I know what you mean, wiring can be a little nerve racking lol. Too bad your not closer I'd give ya a hand. I just finished up the first phase of my interior build out. Wanted to keep it light and useful, so far it's been great!

08aba1cc9aa62d340541eba35c83409e.jpg
ef4e647d80e315506005682fb4c850b2.jpg

Left bench is wide enough to fit a sleeping pad, I'll had a cooler/fridge slide once I build it, hatch for cooler access when the tailgate is closed, and a storage box up front for all my recovery gear. Have a 110L roll top dry duffle that holds all our sleeping gear slid in under the bench up front. Let me know if you need any help with ideas!

Put the Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller in tonight. Once installed all that is visible is the control knob/button. Swapped the small map light bulbs out in the overhead console for some new LED bulbs as well. Now my old eyes can see better when I pull off to the side of the road to look at maps.

y1pGnRf.jpg

6bGiJOE.jpg

thL3lnI.jpg

thethePete

Explorer
That brake controller sure has a nice, slick install. Was that your primary driving factor over a Prodigy or other traditional one? How does this stack up? No visible gain display on it?

Awesome build, very functional and well thought out.

That brake controller sure has a nice, slick install. Was that your primary driving factor over a Prodigy or other traditional one? How does this stack up? No visible gain display on it?

Awesome build, very functional and well thought out.

I've had a Prodigy unit as well as one other brand that I've forgotten mounted to the lower dash and have the scars on my knee to prove it. They were fine but the mounting location they were in was the only one that would work for me but it was a hazard jumping in and out of the cab. Friend in Australia suggested I give the Redarc Tow Pro Elite a go as it does everything the others do but with minimal exposed components.

There are two LED's built into the control knob. You can dial the gain up or down as you wish but the main controller unit calibrates itself and while I've only towed less than a hundred miles with it so far, I haven't felt the need to adjust the gain on paved roads. Have an off-road capable camper trailer coming soon and I look forward to being able to use the control knob right next to the steering wheel to help when off-road.

Thank you for the compliment, I hope to be able to provide more details soon but my ridiculous schedule is keeping me away from my desk quite a bit lately.

thethePete

Explorer
Sounds good. Being 6' and coming from a family of tall, long-legged people, that's good information. I've bashed my shins on more than a few TBCs. I'll keep these on my radar for future projects.

Towing the new camper trailer around. Need to put the matching wheels and tires on it and then see if the drawbar I have will still work flipped upside down.

0sfqCEd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles