G.T.'s 2011 TRD Sport Tacoma double-cab...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Installed a custom Relentless Fabrication high clearance rear bumper. Due to my disability, my left arm is effectively useless for lifting and I needed a safe way to get the spare on and off of the carrier. After some back and forth with some friends we came up with the idea to incorporate a USGI surplus RICO carrier off of a HMMWV that works exactly like a ratcheting chain binder. Now with it incorporated into the bumper I can lower the spare all the way to the ground, unbolt and roll it to the axle that needs it.

northwesttaco5

Installed a custom Relentless Fabrication high clearance rear bumper. Due to my disability, my left arm is effectively useless for lifting and I needed a safe way to get the spare on and off of the carrier. After some back and forth with some friends we came up with the idea to incorporate a USGI surplus RICO carrier off of a HMMWV that works exactly like a ratcheting chain binder. Now with it incorporated into the bumper I can lower the spare all the way to the ground, unbolt and roll it to the axle that needs it.[/QUOTE]

Pics aren't showing up on my end.. but interested to see how that works

Installed a custom Relentless Fabrication high clearance rear bumper. Due to my disability, my left arm is effectively useless for lifting and I needed a safe way to get the spare on and off of the carrier. After some back and forth with some friends we came up with the idea to incorporate a USGI surplus RICO carrier off of a HMMWV that works exactly like a ratcheting chain binder. Now with it incorporated into the bumper I can lower the spare all the way to the ground, unbolt and roll it to the axle that needs it.

Pics aren't showing up on my end.. but interested to see how that works[/QUOTE]

Still sorting out how to use this websites photo albums as I have all of the pictures posted there. Let me do some fiddling and see what comes of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles