Confessions of a novice rider part three: Droppage

I now ride with the Acerbis Koerta pressure suit and I still wear a camel back. The wrecks that I've heard about where the camel back has snapped collar bones has been head first slides on the back. Not very common I would imagine.

I smacked another tree yesterday. I decided to see how difficult it would be to handle the bike on an ATV trail with all my luggage that im bringing to Mexico. This one was caused by a wash that I had to basically bump up over... slick clay and these 'crappy for this terrain' TKC80s sent me sliding and aiming for a tree with the bike falling downhill...... basically the tree held me up but it all happened in about 2 seconds.... so im not sure what happened. The guy riding with me decided to take the side route on his BMW 650 Dakar.

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
tip overs

Graham, one thing to remember, there are only two types of motorcycles, those that have laid on there sides, and those that will.

Its like skiing, the falling down is part of the learning process.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Speaker said:
And, on a dirt bike, it's a regular occurrence.

So far its only happened the once so I'm probably not trying hard enough! I am getting better at standing on the pegs but its not as natural as on a mountain bike yet. Braking and shifting definitely isn't as easy as when sitting down. Anyway, its great when I get home wearing muddy jeans and boots and a Cheshire Cat grin. :)

Cheers,
Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles