Cooper Discoverer-Overlanding through the Deserts of Utah and Arizona: In June?

SKPhoto

Here is another image from the trip. I just love exploring the desert for the grand landscape; however, I always keep an eye out for the small details. This is image is of Sam and Sammy looking out and over the Kaiparowits Plateau.

sam2.jpg

SKPhoto

The PackRafting part of the trip was the absolute the best!
Thanks to Mike, four of us had the opportunity to try packrafting in the middle of the desert.
I never thought I would see the day that I would be walking in the heat of the June desert in the middle of nowhere (Heaven) with a kayak, paddles, life jacket, and enough food and film for three days. But we did it!
It was a lot of work but worth it. I believe the thought of water around the corner was the saving grace. :snorkel:

Thanks Mike and Aplacka Raft!

AtTheEnd.jpg
This is from the PackRafting section of this trip. Cant get shots like this unless you plan on staying the night and bringing some paddles. :wings:

sthompsonpc

Great Guide, Great Trip

Thanks to Mike H. for leading an amazing trip. Mike is like Mr. Outdoors Utah in that he leads one into some pretty amazing spots, avoiding the crowds and letting us see all the things off the beaten path. Looking forward to next year!

My son only joined us for a few days, but this shot sums up the beauty of our trip!

IMG_1228.jpg

pcut

Adventurer
Yeah- Thanks Trip Leader Mike! Great trip even with the heat and my on and off again TLC. Sorry I missed the pack raft in Lake Foul.
Looking forward to seeing you next week in Wy.
Dave

SKPhoto

Man...this is an awesome picture. Love it. You guys make the West look so good.

Thanks!
That's probably my favorite image of the trip. I usually don't take people shots, but when you are in a beautiful area with good company, it's hard not to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste