Hummelator Off-road teardrop build

Hummelator

Adventurer
I made a bit of progress yesterday and today.
Got home from work early on friday and managed to get the one wall glued and ratcheted together.
Then cut, fitted and riveted the aluminum angle onto the floor section.
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG

Hummelator

Adventurer
Today, I took the plywood off of the trailer along with the fenders.
I didn't want the aluminum riding directly on the trailer frame so I cut up some scrapes of rubber they shipped with the doors I installed last weekend and glued them to the frame
traile rubber.jpg
IMG_0247.JPG
Managed to get the floor onto the trailer by my self...which was not easy

IMG_0249.JPG
Glued and ratcheted the other wall.
Got everything glued together on the second wall and then realized there was a manufacturing defect on one of the sections with how the rabbit lined up to the next section. Instead of taking it apart, I decides to just fill the crack with PL premium.
How it should look
IMG_0253.JPG
How the defect section looks
IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG
Going to have to wait a few days for the glue to cure before I attempt to move the walls

Hummelator

Adventurer
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG

And that is as far as I got over the last week.
Going to start plugging away at capping the corners over the next week or so.
I want to bedline the entire camper before the end of may- god willing, just to make sure it has a good seal all the way around

Hummelator

Adventurer
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0272.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
Got all of the aluminum capping cut and installed. Cut of the second window hole and cut the hole for the door. I cut the hole for the door lopsided me thinks so I'm going to have to figure something out to make the door fit better.
Now for the part I hate the most... prepping for paint...well... in this case bedliner but same process.

Pretty satisfying to finally see this thing nearing completion :D( though it will ever be "completed")
Cant wait to get out and sleep in it.
If I can swing it I may try and drive out for the BC overland Rally...would be nice but well see

keane

Observer
Coming along nicely. Hopefully you can make the BC Overland Rally. Would be nice to see it in person.

Hummelator

Adventurer
IMG_3830.JPG
Made some adjustment to the opening for the door and managed to get it sitting properly.
I had an Epiphany last night at about 3 am as to how I'm going to finish the door on the interior. The way they made the door it's not a sandwich frame like the windows are. Instead you cut your opening and slide the door frame in and screw the outside frame to the camper. Going to to finish the god aweful opening with some "duct puty"-Think silly putty

Also cut out the holes for the flush mount flood lights.
Starting caulking the joints. Managed to finish the roof, front and back walls. Tomorrow will finish caulking the side walls

Hummelator

Adventurer
My manager was kind enough to let me use the spray booth at our shop for the Bedliner. IMG_3842.JPG
IMG_3843.JPG
IMG_3844.JPG
IMG_3845.JPG
It's not quite as dark as it looks in the last picture. Leaving it to dry until tomorrow morning and going in early to fasten it to the trailer. Should have Door, lights and windows in by the end of the May long.
I've been bleeding money lately so the inside finishing are going to have to wait for a while... going to make a bed platform out of more door sections but battery, and my other ideas will have to wait until next year.

Oh and a new addition to the family
IMG_0498.JPG

Hummelator

Adventurer
Got up early and went into the shop an out the camper back onto the trailer. Fastened my lever clamps and this thing does not move at all.

One thing I’ve learned though now having this trailer hooked up to a truck with a trailer brake is that the electric brake don’t really work.
I’ve got the controller cranked up to 10 and i can barely feel any pull when testing the brake controler. Luckily this thing doesn’t weigh all that much. Going to take it to a roadside scale tonight.
Hopefully will also install the door and possibly the windows if I can convince my brother to come give me a hand.
297AB1C2-F6E1-455D-9488-0263225A4E64.jpeg
I’m pretty happy with how the trailer has turned out. Super excited to get out with it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior