My '10 Titan Pro-4X

docsimple

Observer
did you have any issue getting the Shasta to fully unfold? Mine tends to want to stay up a little bit. settles down with some weight but seems like it should not do that.

Also, does the Exped MegaMat Duo fold up in the tent? Thanks!

thehops

Observer
did you have any issue getting the Shasta to fully unfold? Mine tends to want to stay up a little bit. settles down with some weight but seems like it should not do that.

Also, does the Exped MegaMat Duo fold up in the tent? Thanks!

The only time I had an issue unfolding it is when I somehow accidentally got the anti-condensation mat pinched between the hinge of the tent as it was unfolding. Aside from that it worked perfectly.

And yes! One of the days we had to pack up to drive to a point of interest, I undid the outlet plug and did just that. Upon unfolding the tent again, the megamat was fully deflated and in place, none the worse for wear. The top sheet was even still secured around the mattress.

thehops

Observer
0603171639_HDRresize.jpg0603172039a_HDRresize.jpg0603172052_HDRresize.jpgorg_85b7215e22d1f729_1496536866000resize.jpg

I'll get better at documenting as I gain experience. Also, between a restricted flight area and more or less incessant low ceilings, it kind of limited the photography work I could do with my drone.

Here is a picture of a late breakfast in Asheville the morning after we arrived. The city was great, and we really enjoyed the breweries and restaurants. When we eventually left, we found ourselves racing up the mountainside in an attempt to hit our first POI at Cowee Mountain Lookout before sunset. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. The pictures do it no amount of justice.

thehops

Observer
org_f23ca6b6704ad2cd_1496614629000resize.jpgorg_e00db8cab304ecc3_1496614512000resize.jpg0604171823resize.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of camp I had the presence of mind to snap. It was a nice little campground, and sites were fairly secluded, some with their own little firepits. I wanted to get some more aerial shots, but as you can see cloud ceilings were quite low, and I didn't want to disturb the one group of neighbors we had with my mechanical mosquito.

thehops

Observer
0604171207resize.jpgvlcsnap-2017-06-06-22h15m41s530resize.jpg

And just a couple quick pictures from my favorite moments. One was GoPro footage clipped from a video. We got slightly carried away taking an improvised detour, but it turned out being worthwhile. On our way to Looking Glass Rock and the falls, we actually stumbled across quite a few of it on a camp trail several miles off of the parkway. Turning the corner, the peak was clearly visible through a clearing in the trees. Again, no justice is done here. It was a breathtaking sight.

Those falls are Looking Glass Falls, named after the domed rock in the other picture from which they originate. The picture of the falls was taken with me precariously squatting on two slick rocks in shin deep rushing water. It was worth it though. The falls were incredible, and weren't too crowded considering how accessible they were.

All in all it was an excellent trip! East TN / West NC is an incredible area, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quick escape.

docsimple

Observer
about to take mine on a 3k round trip journey through oregon, washington, idaho, montana, wyoming, idaho and Oregon :)

Should make for a nice shake out t rip. Just added a 12v fridge to the setup. Looking forward to testing the solar power/battery setup. I think you have sold me on the bed cap with the tent on top. Just looks so damn good like that!

thehops

Observer
about to take mine on a 3k round trip journey through oregon, washington, idaho, montana, wyoming, idaho and Oregon :)

Should make for a nice shake out t rip. Just added a 12v fridge to the setup. Looking forward to testing the solar power/battery setup. I think you have sold me on the bed cap with the tent on top. Just looks so damn good like that!

Nice man! Godspeed!

I love the cap/tent combo. Honestly, it's very overdone on many other kinds of trucks, but pretty much no one builds a Titan out like that so it feels unique.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles