My '10 Titan Pro-4X

thehops

Observer
Hey folks. I'm new to the forum here. I didn't see a proper section to drop a line and introduce myself, so I figured why not kick things off with my fellow Nissan guys and gals.

I've always had an interest in overland and 4wd exploration in general, but only recently have I considered building my truck out for it. I've referenced this site quite a bit for various things, so I figured why not make it official? No more lurking for me!

As I said, I have a 2010 Nissan Titan Pro-4X. I've named him Snoopy, for various reasons, mostly because he's all black and white, like Snoopy from peanuts. Also because we explore every hidden trail and back road together any chance we get. Any other Titan guys or gals on here?

Anyway, I figured I'd turn this in to a sort of introduction/build thread. I'm going on two years in November with my Titan, and it's come a long way since then. When I purchased it, all it had was a (fairly poorly done) lift kit and a set of 35 inch muds on 20 inch wheels. Even so, I fell in love with it. I've always been partial to Nissans, and wanted to upsize from my 2007 Tacoma Double Cab (2wd), so I pulled the trigger.

These are a few pictures of the first couple of days after I brought it home. I'm kind of going to be jumping from day one, to present day so it's hard to see the actual progress, but I put a lot of work in to my truck.

That being said, my (overland oriented) goals for the future are:

-get another hard camper shell
-roof rack on thule tracks, with 360 degree LED lighting
-RTT (digging the tepui autana sky)
-relocate full size spare to a hitch carrier
-install OBA
-spare fuel cans mounted in utilitrack
-generator in bed
-I'm sure I'll think of more

At any rate, glad to be a part of the forum here! Hope to give and gain some knowledge to/from you all.

Attachments

• IMAG0312[1].jpg
    IMAG0312[1].jpg
    327 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0315[1].jpg
    IMAG0315[1].jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0327[1].jpg
    IMAG0327[1].jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 141

thehops

Observer
Again, not much of a build thread because I don't have access to many of the pictures...but at the least it's a good way to compare before and after. I'm having trouble uploading some of the pictures, but here goes.

Here is a list of my current mods since the day I drove it off of the lot:

Suspension: 6 inch ProComp, bedlined ProComp Series 6632s, 35x12.5R18 BFG KO2s, DirtKing Bushing UCAs, Bilsteins (5100s bottom perch front/5125s rear), Moog 4x4 coils, sway bar delete.
Power: UpRev tuned by Joe Waldal at Cajun Bpipes, Airaid MXP (Red) CAI, JBA LT headers, PRT catless bpipes, Summit Racing y-pipe, Borla 40085 muffler.
Body: IronCross HD with Push Bar, bedlined Bushwacker E-A-F flares, Go Rhino Dominator D2 steps, Bestop Supertop, spray in bed liner.
Electrical: 9500lb Mile Marker SEC9.5 (ES), full internal LED lights, Cobra 29 LX CB radio with 4ft white firestik antenna.
Misc: WeatherTech liners, hood and window deflectors, cajun axle vent.

Many more things to come! I'm really excited about the prospect of getting a rack and tent on so I can really get out there and explore, but my first order of business is going to be to finally make the jump to ICON coilovers and piggyback rears so I can tackle any terrain I need to.

Attachments

• 0520161922c.jpg
    0520161922c.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Triplesnake

Adventurer
Good looking truck. Nice to see another Titan on the forum that is out there getting used to its potential. Titan's don't get talked about very much here. I guess they are a little large for most people's tastes, LOL. There are a few of us on here though, and I really enjoy using mine for off road adventures. I'll be interested to see you make progress on some of the mods you have outlined

thehops

Observer
Good looking truck. Nice to see another Titan on the forum that is out there getting used to its potential. Titan's don't get talked about very much here. I guess they are a little large for most people's tastes, LOL. There are a few of us on here though, and I really enjoy using mine for off road adventures. I'll be interested to see you make progress on some of the mods you have outlined

Thanks! Good to see another T on here as well. I try to stay active on titantalk and the FB groups as well. I can understand the concern with the size but, being a big guy that hauls a lot of gear, it fits me perfectly. I'm looking forward to making progress as well lol. We'll have to see how long my wallet will hold out...

Welcome, that's a great looking truck!

Thanks! Much appreciated.

jhberria

Adventurer
Cool truck! I often find myself envying the power and space of full sized trucks. I'm surprised there aren't more Titan builds, as they seem pretty capable especially in the Pro-4x package.

Plus.....they look cool.

WEK207

I like the Titans. When I was searching I had them on my list as a potential vehicle but none were available in my price range in a configuration that I wanted. Hoping that someday I can take a look at the new Titan XD.

Nice truck hops!

srileo

Great build on Snoopy so far. I have a '08 Titan Pro-4X and love it. Very sturdy vehicle and great power/torque. I am rooting for your build to bring more attention to Titan Pro4xs. They are so capable and rugged. And VERY good looking in my opinion. I cant bear the sight of recent F150, 250s.

JakeH

Adventurer
I hate to say it, but I may be upgrading to one of the Titan pro 4x sooner than I thought.. The wife & I just outgrew the frontier Pro 4 by adding my baby nephew & his car seat, with associated extra bags & toys. The frontier is just a but too small for that & we ended up having to roof carry a few items. And this was just a light-packed trip to the beach! I'd like my Titan to look just like snoopy if I do get one. Loving the look & there are so many more options for a Titan!

mallthus

Pretty good at some stuff
A little late to the party, but I've got a 2015 Pro-4X Titan and love it. Done quite a few trails here in Colorado with it and spent a couple of nights in the bed, under the tonneau cover, which wasn't nearly as claustrophobic as I thought it'd be. I've found it to be just about the perfect size for me, but I've seen trails that it's definitely too big for. Truth is, for me, it's more of a way to get to the trail I want to hike than a tool to conquer the trail itself.

thehops

Observer
Haven't popped in here in a while. Life has been pretty crazy lately. Thanks for all the love. The Titan really is a great, and incredibly underrated platform. It's rugged, comfortable and reliable. It has a few issues from the factory, but compared to many other makes those issues are minor. To any of you guys that may end up in a Titan in the future, if you have any questions feel free to look me up. I'm far from an expert, but I've been a very active part of the community for two years now and have picked up quite a bit.

I'm currently overseas, but I'm still piecing my dream rig together bit by bit. Some purchases to highlight since my last post that are pending install when I return:

Fab Fours premium front bumper, Rigid LED grille, ICON 2.5 coilovers up front, with 2.0 piggyback rears, heimed outer tie rods, dirt king reinforced rear shackles, and cjd racing traction bars. I'm sure there are some other odds and ends that I'm forgetting, but you get the gist of it: I really want to make sure my suspension is as capable as possible before I really get out there. The final purchase I need to make is a deaver c-30 pack to help in the back and let me ditch the lift block.

The to-do list is still fairly long, and most of the parts will probably have to wait until it starts to warm up, but by late spring/summer I'm hoping to take Snoopy on the maiden voyage out west for a few weeks. You can bet I'll be asking for advice and researching routes and destinations here when the time comes!

thehops

Observer
And another picture I forgot that I had while I'm here. This was from a weekend trip to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in May. This particular one was taken at a place called Cades Cove. Awesome area!

Attachments

• 0521161649b.jpg
    0521161649b.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 83

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles