Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

Yuke

Adventurer
I love the windows. I love them so much that they are nearly always open. which can result in unwanted dust all over the rear cargo. That would be my only complaint...

Yuke

Adventurer
Sorry I missed this-- what kind of wheels are these? How do you like them?

They are the Hutchinson rock monsters. It’s a double beadlock (internal beadlock) so they not only look fantastic, but they are functional.

Only complaint would be weight. I love them overall, they are the best looking wheels out there IMO

Yuke

Adventurer
Lots of updates to report on, coming soon... New storage layout, lots of little items, and some other larger items swapped out for newer nicer gear.

On another note, the jeep has been down for 6 weeks now. I had brought it in for a tranmission sound I did not eactly love. Upon further inspection, I was informed that the 1st, 2nd, and Reverse gears were bring replaced. At just over 86K, I am releived to have these issues pop up before my warranty expires. However, the reverse gear syncro is on a national backorder and has been holding up repairs for the last 6 weeks. It looks like I have another 1-2 weeks in a rental renegade to go...

Stay tuned for updates when I get her back... Then its off to Vermont Overland Rally in late Sept and then two weeks in the UP of Michigan.

FFdino

Neat build, quality parts. Was kind of bummed this ended a year ago but glad to see you are still planning to keep this thread active. Look forward to the updates. I loved my synergy stuff, albeit it was all on a 3/4 dodge.

jkdune13

Last weekend I took a sunday drive down to Patuxet River Park in Upper Marlboro, MD. They have a 4 mile loop that is open to hiking during the week, and driving on Sundays only. I just needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air and this was on my to do list.

jeep107 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

There was a replica of a Native American Village. Here I am in a long house.

jeep108 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

The drive started on pavement

jeep109 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Then opened up to a cool little bridge

jeep110 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep111 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Then the trail turns to sand/dirt

jeep112 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep113 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Do u know if u can still drive this trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuke

Adventurer
Another addition was the Darche 270 awning. I will have to look back if I posted the new tent, but I am also running the Darche RTT now. The larger tent forced me to open the tent off the side of the vehcile, so I was left without coverage in the rear. The 270 awning fixes this issue. I chose the Darche as it doesnt require more poles, and was much cheaper than the Alu-Cab with even more coverage than what the Shadow-Awn offers.

Untitled by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23VehDk] Untitled
by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23VehCZ] Untitled
by Chris Yuknis[/url][/url]

Yuke

Adventurer
Some updates to this thread are needed! It has been a while. I am currently out west in the Jeep on a month long trip.

Attachments

• BE430A26-9818-43DD-B6D3-734A1F72384D.jpeg
    BE430A26-9818-43DD-B6D3-734A1F72384D.jpeg
    658.8 KB · Views: 91

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne