Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

TTEPHOTOS

Organizer
I just recently remembered my buid thread as well and had to do some catching up. Love the setup good stuff enjoy your trip!

Yuke

Adventurer
I just recently remembered my buid thread as well and had to do some catching up. Love the setup good stuff enjoy your trip!

thanks! We are back east now. 7800 miles over 28 days. Most of that mileage was out and back from Boston. We really put it on cruise and relaxed in CO.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
How do you like the Front Runner rack? Thinking about getting a rack and its got my interest being a full length rack and made out of aluminum.

Yuke

Adventurer
Well, this thread is due for some updates, and it is a shape that alot of the older pictures no longer work.

I will be posting lots of updates (retroactive) that were not included yet, showcase some clean up workafter years of use, and some new mods are coming!

Heres a current picture.

49699830112_59f7ac1c77_b.jpg

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Well, this thread is due for some updates, and it is a shape that alot of the older pictures no longer work.

I will be posting lots of updates (retroactive) that were not included yet, showcase some clean up workafter years of use, and some new mods are coming!

Heres a current picture.

49699830112_59f7ac1c77_b.jpg

Love your Jeep, one of my favorites. Welcome back East!

Yuke

Adventurer
So I picked up a new hood locally (used). I have been wanting a rubicon hard rock / anniversary hood for a while now. The person who sold it to me owned a body shop, so I had new stainless hinges painted as well. My 2015 was starting to show bubbling paint on the hinges, as all JKs will and I wanted to correct this. The hood and the latched were all painted at once which was nice.

Here you see the factory hood hinge, bubbling paint and all. Jeep used aluminum hinges on the hood and doors. The body panels are steel, and theres nothing between the two metals, not even paint. The panels were assembled, and then painted over.

49826215242_3e1be402f4_b.jpg

Underneath...

49826215377_55904673c9_b.jpg

The need hood had paint in this area, and the hinges were painted on both sides. Heres a look at the size of the Kentrol Stainless hinges compared to stock. They are slightly oversized, so you dont have to worry about covering paint lines. This will make more sense when you see the doors.

49825364468_e5777c85eb_b.jpg

I also opened up the vents on the rubicon hood. you can see a comparison here of the factory airflow and the new venting area.

49823937547_23e1d614d2_b.jpg

49825364848_3df10eba3f_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke