Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
Build looks great! I have a white/yellow (long haired) lab with hair that gets everywhere too... I have to pick up at least a rear seat cover like yours.

I bought a rear seat cover off Amazon for $27 by Epica. It's black, quilted, water resistant, straps well to the seat and is machine washable. My german shepherd/black lab mix is brindle and has white near her rear. It's ALL over the back but it's nice to let her jump up in the rain or snow without worrying.

Yuke

Adventurer
Are those HIDs or LEDs? Looks like HID projectors, Morimoto Sealed7 style.

Sealed 7s made by me. I own a retrofit company called The Retrofit Factory.

I am humbled to see AEV following my build. I have more AEV gear to show as this progresses

Yuke

Adventurer
Flash back to last November at Rausch Creek with Chesapeake Jeep Club. Kaeleigh (My Fiance) was riding in back with the husky, Jake, to comfort him. He was not to keen on some of the bumps that an "offroad park" can bring. He is definitely more comfortable exploring 2 track roads etc.

jeep19 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Next came the Teraflex HD hinged carrier and accessory mount with a Hi Lift Xtreme.

I chose the teraflex carrier because I liked the OEM appearance and the freedom to chose any bumper I like down the line

jeep20 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Front End Update!

Bumper: Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Stubby with D-rings and Fog lights
Winch: Smittybuilt X20 10,000lb Synthetic
Aux Lights: Rigid Duallys - Amber in color, Flood in pattern
Fog Lights: Morimoto XB LED Fogs

jeep21 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
I chose the Cobra 75 for this JK build as the small main unit is easy to hide behind the dashboard. These small cockpits do not allow for a clean installation of a full size cb in my opinion. I ordered the grab handle mount from quadratec and it sits nicely in reach

jeep22 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Next, I know there will be a TON of electronics installed in my jeep. I wanted a way to keep all the wiring clean, and add switches. Most JK builds use the Spod. I ended up going with the Switch Pros Sp8100 for a number of reasons. I liked the switch panels small size, and the traditional spod location above the windshield would not work for me. I also liked that the switch pros unit has bluetooth right out of the box, nothing extra has to be purchased. I will likely never use this bluetooth feature. However, if I want to power up lights on the rig from my camp chair with a beer in my hand it is a nice feature to have. I also liked the added programmable features like battery vs ignition for power.

Here you can see I took a rugged ridge pillar mount and flush mounted the switch pros panel. ** Switch pros now sells a flush mount option which is a cleaner install.

jeep23 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Added a Trasharoo to the spare tire carrier, it saw its maiden voyage at the Hunt Cup, a horse race in Baltimore MD. I actually won the Grizzly Cooler, Trasharoo, and ARB camp chairs in a raffle. It was a nice little win for $10!

The Trasharoo has proven to be invaluable. From piling up beer cans at a horse race, keeping wet dog towels out of the truck's interior, or housing a weeks worth of trash on the road it has proven itself useful many times.

jeep26 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Light time!

I am not a fan of the bro-tastic 50 inch light bars. I chose to add a Rigid Radiance 20" combo in the center portion of the rack. I also added some 6" Rigid SR combos on the outer ends of the rack. These SRs are angled slightly outwards.

Don't mind the beer on the hood ;)

jeep27 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Front End Update!

Bumper: Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Stubby with D-rings and Fog lights
Winch: Smittybuilt X20 10,000lb Synthetic
Aux Lights: Rigid Duallys - Amber in color, Flood in pattern
Fog Lights: Morimoto XB LED Fogs

Cool what did you do with your max3 hoop? also, is that an IR camera in that housing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier