Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

Yuke

Adventurer
Picked up a christmas tree and tossed it up on the roof. With the pelicans up there it was easier to mount the tree sideways (it was short). I can honestly say I think I am the only person to ever mount a tree sideways up on the roof. O well, it worked!

jeep83 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Heading north from MD to MA for christmas with the family led to a unique discovery. The Gobi shovel/axe mount also serves as a pretty good hockey stick mount.

jeep84 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Massachusetts did not disappoint us with some snow. It was brief, but Maryland winters do leave me hungry for a good snowfall.

jeep85 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

jktowhere

Observer
How is the teraflex rack without the front support. I was thinking of doing the same this but have held off due to fear that would compromise it. Also what light did you use

Yuke

Adventurer
How is the teraflex rack without the front support. I was thinking of doing the same this but have held off due to fear that would compromise it. Also what light did you use

I noticed no lack of strength and had it fully loaded many times. Ultimately I removed the shelf, to elevate my fridge on a custom drawer project that I still have yet to start.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Next comes the frontrunner outfitters tailgate table. Seems to be the best bang for your buck in this category. The slide out cutting board is also really nice.

How was the install on the frontrunner table? Read on here that a guy tried to install it and IIRC I think he ended up returning it. I've got one sitting in the pile o' parts of stuff to work on but haven't got around to it. Any tips/advice on the install would be appreciated.

Yuke

Adventurer
Install on the Front runner table was not bad.

However, the supplied hardware (specifically the anchors) are very cheap and chinsey. Currently I am chasing a rattle in the setup which is driving me nuts.

Yuke

Adventurer
Jeep is at the shop for the next 4 days for some loving while I am away on business.

I like doing things myself but time is so tight right now I elected to do my local shop do the work.

Yuke

Adventurer
Working on getting the new wheels and tires mounted.

I found it surprisingly easy to get the inner beadlock in the tire. I was expecting more of a flight.

jeep90 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

BCobe

Adventurer
Dig the build. If you ever do some runs let me know! Nothing crazy right now but have some parts on the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne