Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

jeffe

Observer
Looks amazing so far! Can't say it enough. I always think about a roof rack but always end up talking myself out. Did you notice a big difference in the center of gravity after installing yours? And was wind noise any worse? I know we own jeeps and these things shouldn't matter, but they kinda do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yuke

Adventurer
Looks amazing so far! Can't say it enough. I always think about a roof rack but always end up talking myself out. Did you notice a big difference in the center of gravity after installing yours? And was wind noise any worse? I know we own jeeps and these things shouldn't matter, but they kinda do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did not notice any difference in the center of gravity. But I do not often find myself in crazy off camber rock crawling situations where I would be overly concerned.

If I did not love the look of the gobi, and have the desire to take the top off at times I would have gone with the lighter frontrunner rack.

Yuke

Adventurer
Last weekend I took a sunday drive down to Patuxet River Park in Upper Marlboro, MD. They have a 4 mile loop that is open to hiking during the week, and driving on Sundays only. I just needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air and this was on my to do list.

jeep107 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

There was a replica of a Native American Village. Here I am in a long house.

jeep108 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

The drive started on pavement

jeep109 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Then opened up to a cool little bridge

jeep110 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep111 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Then the trail turns to sand/dirt

jeep112 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep113 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Man, what a beautiful day.
Great pictures. :beer:

Yes, it was! I am just about ready to see some green though. I think the east cost is often underappreciated compared to the dreams that many share including myself of say Utah and Colorado. However, there is so much beauty here as well.

Yosh_Lopez

Observer
How do you like the Teraflex Outback springs? Does it handle the weight of a fully loaded Jeep well? Any noticeable sag when loaded down?

Yuke

Adventurer
How do you like the Teraflex Outback springs? Does it handle the weight of a fully loaded Jeep well? Any noticeable sag when loaded down?

I love them so far. No noticable sag when loaded.

That may change with the addition of my titank fuel tank and drawer system though.

Yuke

Adventurer
Too soon to say. i havent used them yet, only for mock ups etc.

Wish they were thicker...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
OK, I just gathered my chin off the floor after seeing the pictures of your friend's wood shop. Definitely drool worthy :drool:
The box looks nice and stout too! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94