Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Hypotenuse.....there's a word you don't often see on a Jeep forum. Bravo my friend.

Thanks for the Switzer Lake info, I'll be sure to check it out.

Yuke

Adventurer
Hypotenuse.....there's a word you don't often see on a Jeep forum. Bravo my friend.

Thanks for the Switzer Lake info, I'll be sure to check it out.

To be fair I do not think I have used that word in a good 10 years. They are sweet little lights!

Yuke

Adventurer
Installed a external CB speaker for my cobra 75 in the roll bar foam. I cut a notch out of the foam and installed the speaker. Once the padding is on, you will never know its there and it will speak right into my ear. I enjoy keeping the windows down, and the cobra 75 built in speaker is not enough. I say this considering that the cobra 75 is on my grab handle. It gets muffled quickly. This should solve that issue.

jeep129 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Did some more work on the drawers tonight.

Routed the edges round and got to work on the actual drawers in the box. The bottoms are dado'd into the sides and front/back. We will be using 500lb lock in and lock out slides.

jeep130 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep131 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep132 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Here is a shot of Nicks 4Runner setup. He will have two drawers on the bottom, and two on top of the bottom platform on the right. The fridge and slide will go on the left. I am pretty jealous of all the space the 4Runner has. My box will be roughly the same size as his upper box with two drawers.

jeep133 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
An important part of the drawers was having them sized correctly for fluids etc.

jeep134 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

The bottom drawer will have permanent dividers installed. Then, once line-x'd it will create a watertight pocket that will isolate the spillage to that pocket alone should anything break, leak, etc.

jeep135 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

The upper drawer will be made to accept dividers later on if desired. The dividers will be made from black walnut to match the drawer fronts.

jeep135 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Here the box sits prior to final assembly, line-x, and cosmetics like the the drawers face.

jeep136 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nice construction. Looks very sturdy. :)

You know what would be cool in the drawers is to drill a hole in the bottom of each section for a rubber body plug. This way if something does spill, you could just open the drawer, drain the spillage and wash it out. Re-insert the plug for the next spillage event.
I'm hoping the spillage wouldn't be beer though. That would be alcohol abuse... ;)
:beer:

Yuke

Adventurer
Not a bad idea!

At least if beer spilt in a waterproof section with the drain I could get underneath said drain and get the beer back ;)

Yuke

Adventurer
Next came time to chose the wood for the drawer fronts. Nick @ Backwoods Overland has an amazing collection of woods at his shop. In the end we chose Black walnut for the drawer faces. I think it will look awesome once finished in a dark stain against the black line-x.

jeep137 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep138 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

For me, it was amazing to see this lumber go from a raw slice of a lumber, to a finished board.

jeep139 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep140 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles