Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

SES50

Observer
Here the box sits prior to final assembly, line-x, and cosmetic like the the drawers face.

How thick are you going with the Line-X? Looking at this picture I do not see any shim spaces that equate to the Line-X thickness. Just checking because after watching you put all this work into it I would hate to see you have an interference in the bearing rail area that keeps the drawers from sliding nice.

Yuke

Adventurer
I appreciate the concern!

That was an earlier picture.

We later cut dados into the drawers to extra clearance

Yuke

Adventurer
Yup, and the inside of the box won't be coated. Just the outside of the box and then the complete drawers.

Yuke

Adventurer
I started the install by bolting the ARB slide to the plates. I had to drill my own holes as the built in nutserts were placed for the indel fridge slides.

jeep141 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Here is a final mockup of the drawer system. Fresh in from the local Line-X and ready for assembly!

jeep142 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Here is a teaser of the Drawer fronts which are made from Black Walnut. The fronts will be stained, french polished, and then coated with a matte finish. This should give the fronts a subdued, but very three dimensional look.

jeep143 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

After a long night of assembly and fitting the system is in!

jeep144 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep145 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

I just need to finish the fronts and add the locks as we will be good!

Last edited:

jimmy78

Looks really good so far! Can't wait to see it with the drawer faces. Do you happen to have a link for those roll bar bags? Like the idea of those.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Whoa, wait... more details needed on those reverse lights! How plug and play are they, and how well do they illuminate?

I'm in the process of considering different reverse LED options as we speak. I'd like something as OEM looking as possible.

Yuke

Adventurer
Whoa, wait... more details needed on those reverse lights! How plug and play are they, and how well do they illuminate?

I'm in the process of considering different reverse LED options as we speak. I'd like something as OEM looking as possible.

There are the Morimoto Bulbs. They are direct plug and play! Nice improvement, but won't stop me from adding aux reverse lights as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke