Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Your rig is amazing and such great adventures. Striving for something similar with our Hardrock when I'm all done with my Xterra. Look forward to watching future updates!

eternus

Observer
So I note that you've done some more intense wheeling (enough to twist your driveshaft) so I'm curious how you're feeling about going with the Sport vs Rubicon? I'm in a Sport, not doing anything major, but still sometimes wish I had that D44 up front... have you done anything to your axle yet or are you running 35"s and upgraded gears but with the stock D30?

Yuke

Adventurer
So I note that you've done some more intense wheeling (enough to twist your driveshaft) so I'm curious how you're feeling about going with the Sport vs Rubicon? I'm in a Sport, not doing anything major, but still sometimes wish I had that D44 up front... have you done anything to your axle yet or are you running 35"s and upgraded gears but with the stock D30?

Honest answer here is that at the time of purchase a sport was more affordable for a college grad. The rubicon is undoubtedly one of the best platforms out of the box. However, if you are going to mod the crap out of it, is it really? The only two factors I see as standouts would be the transfer case and front axle. Lockers are nice but I am happier with my Yukon Air locker over the e lockers.

In the end I decided a sport would fit my needs. I do plan to upgrade the front axle to a d44 in the future. The transfer case is not a big sell as I do not do much rock crawling.

For now my d30 has been upgraded with Synergy's assurance kit (Sleeves, gussets, control arm skids) and has 4.88 Yukon gears installed. It should handle 35s just fine. I was tempted to put 37s on now that I am at 4" lift vs the old 2.5". Ultimately, this would have made my rig less reliable so another set of 35s went on.

eternus

Observer
That makes sense, and is more or less why I am where I am... though you sure did managed to find significant funds quickly to modify your Sport after you bought it.

It'd be awesome if you were able to go back and update your initial post with the current state of your rig and all the mods you've done. I'm curious about if you put a locker in front and back or just rear, and would like to know what antenna you have mounted for your radio... it's not the standard 13" stubby but looks like a legit firestick.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Added a Titan Tank! They are on sale for $269 right now vs normal $500+

For me this was a no brainer, its an extra 13 Gallons of fuel, and I do not lose any normal storage space.

Looks awesome and what a great price! Are you concerned about the Teraflex carriers ability to support a full tank?

Yuke

Adventurer
Great idea. I like the idea of adding a running mods list on the first page. Although it is a bit of a spoiler at that point...

Yuke

Adventurer
So I am beginning to prep for my storage build out and I knew I did not want to drill in to the factory tub. I avoid drilling at all costs. On Facebook I came across a company that makes these bolt in panels for a slide they offer. The slide dimensions looked to fit my ARB. Black Forest is the company's name.

Well, the measurements online were a mistake and the slides are made for indel B fridges. The slide went back, but I am keeping the plates to attach an ARB slide. The other half of the plates will serve as a mounting point for my drawers.

jeep99 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

jeep100 by Chris Yuknis, on Flickr

Last edited:

c_ema

Observer
Great tread! Congratulations!

What you used to polish them? you also put a protective later? Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Yuke

Adventurer
I used some aluminum wheel cleaner to pre soak them and then used some mothers aluminum and mag polish.

Now I need to get a protective coating on there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior