Anvil 2015 JKU Sport Overland Build

Yuke

Adventurer
The mirror is my stock mirror simply flipped upside down (spun 360)

Then circle is a network based surveillance camera (1 of 4 on the rig) that i really need to do a showcases / write up on soon

SES50

Observer
The mirror is my stock mirror simply flipped upside down (spun 360)

Then circle is a network based surveillance camera (1 of 4 on the rig) that i really need to do a showcases / write up on soon

Does the Auto dimming feature work better being upside down? Is this the reason you flipped it?

rubicon91

Explorer
Does the Auto dimming feature work better being upside down? Is this the reason you flipped it?

He doesnt have the auto dimming on that mirror. Just a standard rear view mirror. I miss that about my Sport I got rid of. Loved having the mirror flipped felt like I could see so much more out the front windshield with it up out of the way. That might be the only thing I would change in my new Rubicon!

SES50

Observer
RAM Balls

Just to give you a heads up I am running this RAM Ball instead of the one you are running. They have a much cleaner look.

RAM Part Number RAP-B-231
RAM Ball.jpg

d0jo

It looks like your mirror is not an auto dimming mirror. Did you replace it with a flip mirror or is that stock? I hate my auto dimming mirror.

Also what is that round thing just under the freedom top center latch?

That's a neat idea for the patches! sidenote: don't you wish that ezpass would come out with a sleeker box? I have the bigger uglier box. Have contemplated painting them black with a sharpie lol

edit: where did you get the morimoto LED Reverse lights from? I would love to switch the ones in my oem housings out for brighter ones

Last edited:

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Just read this entire thread and you have done a great job on your jeep! ive got a few more things left to do on my Jeep prior to my TransAmerica Trail trip in June

Yuke

Adventurer
That's a neat idea for the patches! sidenote: don't you wish that ezpass would come out with a sleeker box? I have the bigger uglier box. Have contemplated painting them black with a sharpie lol

edit: where did you get the morimoto LED Reverse lights from? I would love to switch the ones in my oem housings out for brighter ones

I am actually a morimoto dealer. shoot me a PM.

I bet they keep the ezpass housings white due to heating up all day on the windshield. White likely handles it better than black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94